Author Topic: Looking for family of Patrick Taggart & Mary Mulholland  (Read 19700 times)

Offline mikekohr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for family of Patrick Taggart & Mary Mulholland
« Reply #27 on: Friday 17 February 12 01:33 GMT (UK) »
I am un able to attach and send a photo through this forum. i have posted it on my facebook page at:  http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1294363166

mike kohr

Offline minnie1703

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 25 February 12 13:38 GMT (UK) »
HI lwsncrg

Just realised that this is your 1st post on rootschat so I wont be able to PM you until you have made 2 more (blank ones if its easier).

To fill you in briefly, when I first posted this we believed that Katherine's father (Patrick) was my husbands gr-gr grandmother's (Margaret O'Brien nee Taggart / McKeown) brother.  We have since found out that he was her half-brother.  As we had been unable to find her on the passenger list with the family we assumed that she had either died before 1904 or had remained in Scotland.

However, through further research and contacts I have made through this post I have discovered that she did in fact travel to the US and was aware of her marriage to both.

I believe she died 5th May 1982 in Mower????  The date of birth I have for her is 22nd Oct 1889 in Lanarkshire, Scotland.

Many thanks for the info that you have already posted and I would appreciate it if you could make another couple of posts so that I could PM you - I am unable to post my email address here.

Thanks again

Lesley
hi i have a margaret obrien nee taggart in my tree from coy, this is all very coincidental

Offline minnie1703

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 25 February 12 13:47 GMT (UK) »
I am un able to attach and send a photo through this forum. i have posted it on my facebook page at:  http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1294363166

mike kohr
thankyou very much mike

Offline Kori

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 20 March 18 02:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello I'm possibly related the parents of Patrick Taggart and Mary Cunningham Taggart.  I share a great grand parent with someone on 23 and me with them. I'm seeking information on Mary Cunningham Taggarts parents probably around 1860s.  Does anyone know their names?

Offline ptref01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 20 March 18 03:32 GMT (UK) »
Patrick Taggart and Mary Cunningham where my grandparents.  The best source of info for my grandmother's branch is http://burlingtonhistory.org/. You start with Peter who arrived in Dover WI in 1843. I'm a descendant of Peter's son John F.  My great-grandfather was John's son Alfonse.   

Offline Mtaggert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 01 February 19 04:42 GMT (UK) »
I found John & Gladys in the 1930 Census in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (not Ohio).  I found a wedding anniversary notice in the Cedar Rapids Gazette from 25 Jan. 1972 that says they were married 10 Jan. 1922 in Cedar Rapids and Gladys' maiden name was Sage.  Three foster sons attended the party.  I also found an obituary for Gladys that says she died 19 Jan. 1975 in Cedar Rapids.
So one of the fsoters was johns nephew james david irvin. My father. Gladys passed in 1975 and john lived with us in norfolk va when he became feeble fro. Parkinsons. He is buried beside Gladys.

Offline Mtaggert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 01 February 19 04:49 GMT (UK) »
Saw this and couldn't not write.  I am the granddaughter of Katherine Taggert.  She did not die in 1904 in Scotland.  She didnot come to America with the family back in 1904 but came with her uncles I am told. She did join them in Cherry Illinois where she met my grandfather Joseph I. Irvin. They moved to Iowa then Minnesotat and back and forth finally settling in Minn.  In this marriage she had eight children Joseph, David, Mary, John, Edward, James, Paul, and Margaret. Joseph died in 1930-1932 from cancer in Minnesota. Maragret died very early believe she was married a man named Dunn. She then at some later date married Aaron Hogeboom and they had one daughter Catherine. Gramma died when she was 94 or 95. Aaron passed in 1979 I think and Catherine maybe 10 years ago, not sure.  Of the Irvin children the surviving children are (*).  .  Let me know if I can help more.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data. New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

So if you are katherines grand daughter then you and i are cousins. Im mike taggert from norfolk va. I am your uncle jims son

Offline Mtaggert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 01 February 19 04:55 GMT (UK) »
(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.

. i am a grandson of katherine

Offline Mtaggert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 10 March 19 19:54 GMT (UK) »
I have a paper copy and pictures of john taggart and gladys, as well as katerine taggart. Also pictures of kathrines sons and daughters.