Author Topic: Eliza Thomasin Hall- married George Weymss-Dalrymple Geurnsey 1826  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Glamis

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eliza Thomasin Hall- married George Weymss-Dalrymple Geurnsey 1826
« on: Friday 02 October 09 17:19 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am tracing the various people in my family. Eliza was my Great x3 Grandmother having married George (1826) who was grandson of William 3rd Bart. of Cousland, The Earl of Stair. (See Rootschat for Scotland- 'Lieut.Col.James Dalrymple) She had been married to Captain Richard Dawson of the 3rd foot of Buffs who died Oct 28 1814 from Consumption in Lisbon see Obit. 'European Mag.' p 464, 'The gentlemans' Mag.' Dec 1814 p604. However, From 1814 to 1826 there is a gap and my question is, does anyone know or have any archive info for Geurnsey as she may have been born there and returned with her 3 children to mourn etc and be with her family? George Weymss-Dalrymple was a well travelled man, perhaps his ship put in to Port etc? Any info would be great

Offline Lincs071

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Thomasin Hall- married George Weymss-Dalrymple Geurnsey 1826
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 September 20 08:32 BST (UK) »
Eliza Thomasin Hall (my 4g-aunt) was the youngest of the 4 daughters of Edward Hall who was the agent to the Duke of Northumberland at Sion Park, Isleworth, Middlesex.  More information and lineage back to the 17th century is available.

Offline Glamis

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Thomasin Hall- married George Weymss-Dalrymple Geurnsey 1826
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 September 20 17:53 BST (UK) »
Thank You very much for adding to Eliza's story. I have no idea why she and George Weymss -Dalrymple chose to be married in Guernsey but it might be because Eliza had been married before? So if she is your Great Aunt x4, are you then my cousin 4 times removed? There is evidence that George had been staying in Middlesex at a Lodge (from memory) through his connections with his Uncle General Sir Samuel Dalrymple. So perhaps is this where they met as her Father was associated with work for the Duke of Northumberland at Sion Park?