Author Topic: Help please have 1915 marriage cert, birth cert and cannot find bride & father  (Read 10023 times)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Help please have 1915 marriage cert, birth cert and cannot find bride & father
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 11 November 15 10:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Treelover,

You have a few new replies to your topics from this year but no replies  ??? Are you still picking up our notification ok.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Help please have 1915 marriage cert, birth cert and cannot find bride & father
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 11 November 15 14:09 GMT (UK) »
I'm really hoping I don't have to pay for their marriage certificate.  I'm doing this tree for someone and have set a moderate fee, I don't really want to be out of pocket once I have gone as far as I can.

This is totally against RootsChat rules

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 12 November 15 14:26 GMT (UK) »
Saw that you were online earlier Treelover....

Offline Treelover

• I have turned off all email notifications
  • --
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 12 November 15 20:59 GMT (UK) »
HI Sarah,  just started back on family trees, I come on here occasionally.  My original question was back in 2009.    I am no longer in contact with the person I did this tree for and as that person asked to remain anonymous so I am not able to share any info I have. 

Is there a problem? I believe I have a personal message but if you look I posted in another forum today that I could not retrieve my pm's and asked for help. So if you have sent me a message sorry I cannot access it. Please feel free to delete this post.

Joan

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 13 November 15 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Yes I do have a problem because you have broken RootsChat Rules for requesting money for information that was given to you free and good faith from RootsChatters.

You have received new replies to your posts this year with no replies to the posters although you have been online... :'(

Offline Treelover

• I have turned off all email notifications
  • --
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 13 November 15 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Sarah,

I think you may have misunderstood my old post.  I was not asking for money from this forum.  When I do trees for people I ask a nominal amount.  I completed ALL this persons tree through looking at certificates and census records on Ancestry.  This particular one I was stuck on so I asked here as lots of other people do.  I am sorry if this particular post broke any rules.  What I don't understand is why this was not brought to my attention when it happened way back in 2009!!!  I have had computer problems and only changed my email address with this site last week (you can check this).  Also, in the past I have had people contact me on here and also on Ancestry.  You may find certain questions will have been answered elsewhere.  If you wish to delete my account fine, sorry if, after 6 years you decide I broke a rule.  By the way, I can still not get my private messages (perhaps something to do with my changing email address - not sure).  I shall leave this in your capable hands. Joan

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 13 November 15 15:58 GMT (UK) »
Joan,

I am unable to read all posts on RootsChat, it was only this week that I read the post where you said you were asking for money.