Author Topic: Help with 1871 Census - BECKETT  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Help with 1871 Census - BECKETT
« on: Sunday 04 October 09 22:13 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for Eli Beckett  born abt 1833 in Steeple Claydon. I have him and his family on all the censuses apart from the 1871.  I have tried variations of his surname and have searched his wife and kids too but no luck.   

I think i need a fresh pair of eyes on this.

---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help with 1871 Census
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 October 09 22:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Fitty,

1871 RG10; Piece: 1423; Folio: 115; Page: 23

transcribed as Berkel. (assume you have census access.. if not.. can post)

best wishes
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Re: Help with 1871 Census
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 October 09 06:42 BST (UK) »
Thankyou,  The 1871 had daughter Ann E on there and this led me to the 1881 where she was visiting her married sister in Winslow.

I knew i could rely on a Roots chatter to come up with the solution:)

---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe