Author Topic: Sheerness Town & Dockyard Decoy Site. GraveneyMarsh,s  (Read 1624 times)

Offline grandarog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Original Ancestor
    • View Profile
Sheerness Town & Dockyard Decoy Site. GraveneyMarsh,s
« on: Saturday 10 October 09 15:21 BST (UK) »
Help Please,
                   A long time ago  I read somewhere on the Web, a first hand account, about 4 o5 pages,  from a serviceman that was posted to Graveney Marsh, N.r Faversham in Kent and set up the decoy,s for the town and docks  then served there operating the burners etc at night to fool the German bombers.  Some of the decoys were at Harty across the Swale on the Isle of Sheppey which was also manned by service men
                  Try as I may I have been unable to find the article since, despite various combinations of searches . Hoping some one on here knows of the article and will be able to put up a link or show the way to find it again.
                                          Thanks Rog.

WAGHORN/E
KENWARD
HARRIS
DIXON
MARSHALL
MERCER
CARE
FAGG
RUSSELL
WOODRUFF      

All these  Families were Born and Bred in Kent

Offline Reg Clark

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Granda Rog - regarding Sheerness Decoy Site
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 18:51 BST (UK) »
I saw a posting from someone I think called himself Grandadrog regarding Sheerness Decoy Site in World War 2 - apologies if not. I'm the author of those few pages, and although this copy is corrupted, it does still read. I have it as a zip file but maybe my registration hasn't gone through as I don't seem to be able to attach it.
Regards, Ron
Just registered

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Sheerness Town & Dockyard Decoy Site. GraveneyMarsh,s
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 19:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Reg, Welcome to RootsChat :)

I have just merged your reply to grandarog's topic, he will not be notified of your reply. You should be able to attach your document to your next reply, the attach button is just below the box in which you type in.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk