Author Topic: William Accleton  (Read 4586 times)

Offline Yorebridge

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Accleton
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 April 10 11:02 BST (UK) »
I have only just found this forum but I too am a descendant of the Accletons. Matilda Jane was my father's father's mother, so I guess I am some kind of cousin to the person who posted re her!

Offline Clarendon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 April 10 08:17 BST (UK) »
Hello Yorebridge - we are related! Does this make you a Bennett?  I descend down the line of Eric Arnold Bennett.  I would love to know more about your line.  Unfortunately I do not know a lot about the Bennett line due to circumstances in the family that you might know about.  My Father was brought up by his Mother's parents after she died so young.  Wow it does seem strange doesn't it finding relatives!

Offline Yorebridge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 April 10 11:37 BST (UK) »
Yes I am a Bennett, son of Harold Roy, grandson of Arthur H, great-grandson of Arthur E and Matilda Jane.  I don't know of an Eric Arnold, as I have done more research on my mother's side of the family than on the Bennett line - I have not yet checked the 1911 census: was Eric also a son of Arthur/Matilda? My grandfather only ever spoke of (and I only ever met as a child) one brother, Frederick Leonard, always known as Len (perhaps a family trait to use second names on a daily basis, as my grandfather was always known as Bert, short for Herbert). Len owned a garage business near Bury St Edmunds and married Mabel (nee Pease) in early 1925. She was probably born in Orsett (Essex) in 1902.

Hope that's of interest - I do intend to do more work on the Bennett side at some point. Do keep in touch.

Offline kentscouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 March 11 13:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Its been a while since anyone has commented on this post, how is everyone doing with their research, after reading the posts again it seems the accletons were a very close knit family in the cobham area, i live near cobham and would be great to meet up with anyone who is interested to go through any info, The Ship pub in Cobham is a good meeting point, let me know?

Offline spearcey4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 04 January 21 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I’m also too trying to find more information on the Ackleton family tree. I believe the name has been spelt in many different ways I.e “ Hackleton” “Eccleton” “Accleton” I think as another member pointed out you have to kind of play about with the name a bit in order to fulfil your searches. I have with a genealogist help been able to trace back the tree to the 1700 era. I have unfortunately come to a close I’m having trouble finding any other records after this time, if anyone wishes to see my tree on the ancestry website they are more than welcome to look and also ask questions etc and maybe you also have some information to input that I’m unaware of.

Offline spearcey4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 04 January 21 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Ps also I would love to see any photographs if anybody has some to share, please? It would be much appreciated. Kindest Regards

Offline kentscouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 22 February 21 00:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello spearcey4

I would love to see your tree on ancestry as I’m still researching the accletons