Author Topic: What did you give your mum for mother's day?  (Read 1002 times)

Offline DeComyn

• RootsChat Member
  • The elusive Amy Bowen
    • View Profile
What did you give your mum for mother's day?
« on: Monday 07 March 05 22:04 GMT (UK) »
My mum was really thrilled with her mother's day present - a death certificate  :o. Funny how my brother thought it too wierd an idea to get her one aswell!!!Think it's taking over our lives ;D
Morgan/ -Hereford, Gloucester, Pontypridd
Bowen/ Bibby/Wright - Hereford
Whitney - Hereford, Staffs, Notts
Lockett/ Price  - Kington Hereford
Bradshaw, Chell, Goodwin - Stoke on Trent
Henk, Toft - Stoke on Trent

Offline JillJ

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: What did you give your mum for mother's day?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 March 05 14:25 GMT (UK) »
I too would have been thrilled with that!   I would be equally thrilled if my sons took enough interest in what I am doing to even know which certificate I needed!   Oh well - 3 boxes of chocolates should last a while!

Jill
Jowett & Broadbent in Leeds.
Perry, Hartshorn/e & Wilkes in Birmingham & Dudley. Walker and Dabill in Sheffield & Notts.
Farrar in Darlington & Leeds.
Kidd & Taylor in Hartlepool & Teesside
Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sylviaann

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Isabella Barette
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 March 05 15:27 GMT (UK) »
How lucky your mum is. 
I won a small amount at Bingo the other year and made everyone laugh when I daid it would buy 4 death certificates.

I got 2 bunches of flowers.  I always say I'd rather have plants.   Apparently I nearly got some of that stuff you put round baths but my daughter said she couldn't find it.  That was just what I wanted.  I did get a bag of gravel one year.  You can guess my second hobby is gardening

Why do they always think flowers and chocolates are what we want?  Ah Bless

Just remembered my grandaughter gave her mother some perfume she had bought for herself and then thought it extravagant.  Now she can use her mothers perfume without feeling guilty!

Sylviaann
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Norfolk: Gooch, Loveday, Lake, Betts
Suffolk: Gooch, Crosby, Turner
Hampshire: Laws, Burrows
Kent: Beer
Jersey: Barette, de Gruchy
East London: Middleton, Gower, O'Farrell, Smith, Weston

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 March 05 22:36 GMT (UK) »
I gave my mum my love - she died last year

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 March 05 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Willow,

Very sad to hear that. It must have been very difficult for you.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 March 05 22:51 GMT (UK) »
It is at times Trystan

The old addage ' you dont know what you've got till you lose it' has a powerful truth at times

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 March 05 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Willow,

Yes, I know what you mean, very very true.

She's always be with you through every fibre of your body. 

If Sarah and I were with you now, we'd put an arm around you.  :-*

Trystan x
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 15 March 05 00:06 GMT (UK) »
AAAWWWWW  - gone all squidgy  :)

Thanx guys

Willow x

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 15 March 05 16:29 GMT (UK) »
I didn't give my mum anything this mother's day as she was in St Lucia!  My brother was over there getting married and my parents  went too.  I didn't go as I couldn't afford it - spent too much money buying bmd certificates!!!!!! 

They are all home today and I can't wait to see them all  :) for the inevitable slide show!

kerryb
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....