Author Topic: McLeod's of tarbat area  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Jar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McLeod's of tarbat area
« on: Monday 12 October 09 23:58 BST (UK) »
Hi can anyone shed some light on a little hiccup i have with my ancestors i has research the opr;s for this family and my alexander mcLeod marrries Isobel Mcillip on 3-12-1813 in tarbat and has 2 children to isobel mcphilip 1815 hugh  & 1821 christy then he has children to isobel mcdonald from then on and they are lawful on her death certificate the first two children are listed so she must be the same person who do i look for to find her birth around 1793.  her death certificate states father John Mcdonald mother Ann vafs by her son david mcleod , but i can't find a birth,  any idea's please?  ?

Offline Sildeag

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McLeod's of tarbat area
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 August 19 02:45 BST (UK) »
To add to the confusion, John McLeod was registered on 05/02/1817 and Dond McLeod was registered on 31/05/1819 to Alexr. McLeod and Isobel McDonald.  Christin McLeod was registered on 13/12/1821 to Alexr. McLeod and Isobel McPhilip and all the births are recorded on Alexr. Mcleod's death certificate in 1855 with spouse identified as Isobel McDonald.  Ann vafs should be Ann Vass.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: McLeod's of tarbat area
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 August 19 09:41 BST (UK) »
What are the names and ages of the children as listed on Alexander McLeod's death certificate?

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.