Author Topic: BAYNTON/BAYNTUN/BAINTON FAMILY OF WILTSHIRE  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Gerry Cullen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BAYNTON/BAYNTUN/BAINTON FAMILY OF WILTSHIRE
« on: Wednesday 14 October 09 06:54 BST (UK) »
I have a website www.bayntun-history.com and was wondering if there were any good folk in Wiltshire who would be interested in sharing some info with me to add to the content of this website. I am based in Australia which makes researching from abroad quite difficult at times and do have a lot of leads that could provide some interesting information. From time to time I find entries that relate to documents that are in various record offices such as Trowbridge, Kew and Somerset and was wondering if there was someone out there who would like to be part of my website and help me make it even better. Thanks Gerry Cullen

Offline VecchioJohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BAYNTON/BAYNTUN/BAINTON FAMILY OF WILTSHIRE
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 September 20 00:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Gerry, I am very interested (as my name may suggest) in your Bayntun Rolt website and have derived a lot of interest and entertainment from it. I see that the domain has now been claimed by someone else; please let me know if you have plans to revive it and if there is any way I can help? Best regards, John Rolt
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: phone number and e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least two postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline suzanne2812

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Great, Great Granny Willoughby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 September 20 19:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have some Baynton's connected to my tree. They married into my Willoughby family & whilst this was all in Wiltshire, these Baynton's came from Kent.

I did try & look at your tree, but am getting a page saying the domain is for sale.

Suzanne.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 September 20 08:29 BST (UK) »
Suzanne,

Gerry Cullen posted this in 2009 and has not been active on these boards since 2012.

The website can be found, archived, here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110306175147/http://www.bayntun-history.com/Home.htm

Offline suzanne2812

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Great, Great Granny Willoughby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 28 September 20 10:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Chempat

Thank you for that. I am gradually noticing some of my favourite source sites are going offline, but like this most date back to the mid 2000's. It's such a shame.

Regards Suzanne.