Author Topic: Help needed on Collins-Moore Clergyman from Wicklow  (Read 15494 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed on Collins-Moore Clergyman from Wicklow
« Reply #36 on: Monday 19 October 09 18:57 BST (UK) »
Thom's of 1863 lists Rev. Moore as :

W.C. Moore, Rural Dean, Rector of Carnew (Ferns)

There's no listing for Eglinton Tce - I dont believe it was built until after this. As far as I can tell this was towards the Canal end of Ranelagh Rd - nearly opposite Mount Pleasant Square.

Not sure how this fits.. but I found Eglinton Terrace, Ranelagh on the 1911 census and there's another William Moore at no. 2 (also born Co. Wexford) :

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Rathmines___Rathgar_East/Eglinton_Terrace/

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 19 October 09 19:07 BST (UK) »
That latest William Moore is actually William N. C. More on the form (mis-transcribed as William R.C. Moore) so he might be the one connected to the address on marriage certificate.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 19 October 09 20:28 BST (UK) »
William N.C. Moore is listed at the same Ranelagh address in Thom's of 1914 and 1938 but is not listed on the Dublin City Electoral register of 1939 (http://www.dublinheritage.ie). An Anna Lucia Moore is listed at the address on the register - which would match with his wife listed as A.L. on the 1911 census.

No. 2 Eglinton Terrace was renumbered at some stage between 1914 and 1938 as many parts of Ranelagh were and became no 49 Ranelagh Rd.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Shellspacebabe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 19 October 09 21:37 BST (UK) »
This has given me much food for thought and will certainly aid my visit to Ireland.   Annie Moore married in 1874, I believe she was living with her brother (W.N.C.Moore) in Eglinton Terrace, by then Annie's father the Reverend William Colles Moore is deceased (died 1866 age 58 - volume 12 page 537).  Later W.N.C.Moore moves to Herbert Road, Dublin he is married to Anna Lucia Moore, he has a degree, a B.A. from Trinity College in Dublin.  Annie has moved to England with Alexander Barron a musician in the Scots Guards, my great grandfather Donald Ernest Barron is born in Chelsea Barracks and then he later produces my grandmother Annie Evelyn Mary Barron (my Father's mother).  I will now look at the Carnew area.  Sadly my father never saw his mother after the age of 5 due to a family split, my grandmother died in Enfield, London in 1988 I never met her, so to find out about her and her family has been very important to me, thank you both for all your help
Cumbria: Hunter, Simpson, Glanville
Durham: Cook, Young
Somerset: Young, Cannon
Middlexsex: Barron, Holloway
Cornwall: Bonney, Truscott, Glanville, Brenton
Ireland: Colles-Moore
Scotland: Barron

Offline Shellspacebabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 19 October 09 21:49 BST (UK) »
Actually I may have the Herbert Road move wrong? perhaps W.N.C.Moore stays at Eglinton Terrace up until 1838, if thats the case I am not sure who is living in Herbert Road?

Offline Shellspacebabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 19 October 09 22:14 BST (UK) »
I mean 1938!

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 20 October 09 09:31 BST (UK) »
I've a suspicion, with no real basis, that the two Williams are related. It looks like the William Moore and his wife Anna Lucia in Eglinton Terrace stayed there until 1938.  I'd love to find something that showed what this William's middle names are - if the C in his name is Colles, as the William in Herbert Road, then maybe they are cousins.

One more detail on Rev. W.C. Moore - he is listed in Thom's  of 1848 as the incumbant in Carnew, diocese of Ferns.

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline Shellspacebabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 20 October 09 12:57 BST (UK) »
Hello Shane
Yes I think they may be as you say cousins, i certainly have a lot more to go on now
I will next take a look and see if I can get my Great, great Grandmother (Annie Moore) birth certificate