Author Topic: Mary Ronan (c1855) and her father Patrick, Wexford  (Read 11159 times)

Offline Derek658

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ronan (c1855) and her father Patrick, Wexford
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 19 March 22 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi I’m new here and also interested in Ronan’s of ferns/Ballynaberney/kilrush.. is there a James / Jim Ronan from the area.I think he could be my grandfather

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 12 May 22 01:54 BST (UK) »
With all these messages going back to 2009 I don't see a single mention of anyone having checked the Kilrush parish registers? And Ferns also. The Kilrush registers are awful, but still, seems like a significant oversight.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline TRonan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 13 November 22 02:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi to all of yous and I know no one is probably reading or going to read this but I'm in the Ronan family and if it's my one, we come from ferns and most of us have lived there for alot of our lives, my generation is one of the only to break the cycle and we have moved to kildare, if you want any information if you haven't figured out this topic or are still interested  thank you!

Offline Derek658

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 24 November 22 23:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary,nice to hear from you.Is there a Jim Ronan deceased in kilrush that would be a relative or did he have any children

Offline atmartinas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 28 November 22 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have some Ronan's from Wexford in my tree, but Ballymurn area. My GGGrandmother was Mary Ronan (c. 1834-1909). Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that when searching you need to be mindful that the name can be spelled Ronayne as on some of my family graves as well as Ronan.
Regards,
M
Roche Wexford/USA
Sinnott 2 families Ardcavan Wexford/USA and Boolaboy.
Cullen Ballyknockan  Wexford/ USA
O'Leary Wexford
Leacy Wexford /New York
O'Dwyer Tipperary
Hayes Tipperary
Wall Tipperary
Cormac Tipperary
Shanahan Tipperary