Author Topic: Offer: Ballarat and district Cemetery information  (Read 23031 times)

Offline carrey56

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Offer: Ballarat and district Cemetery information
« on: Sunday 25 October 09 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi all
I have many records in regard to this area where I also live, happy to assist if I am able.
Please do not hesitate to contact me.
Carmel

Offline Miss Pookie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ballarat and district Cemetery information
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 May 10 17:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Carmel,
Can you tell me if there is a Inglewood Cemetery in Ballarat ? I'm led to believe my great great great grandmother is buried there. I have tried contacting the cemetry itself but the lady said she couldn't help me !!!

I would GREATLY appreciate any help.

Thanks
Sandra
JARROLD/JARRALD/GARROLD/ FITZGERALD (Johannah)
STONE
MANNING
JAMES
HALL

Offline carrey56

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 May 10 10:11 BST (UK) »
Hi, Inglewood is some 2 hrs drive from Ballarat, (you can google it in maps) the address I have for that cemetery is Mrs S Geyer
Secretary
12 Almond Avenue
Bridgewater 3516
035437 3094
not sure if you have found this one or tried this address before.
Hope this helps Carmel

Offline Miss Pookie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 May 10 12:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Carmel,

Thanks for such a quick reply.

Sorry, i'm from Perth WA and didn't realise that Inglewood cemetery was that far from where you are !! Yes I have contacted the cemetery at the address you gave me, quite a while ago, and they weren't able to help me.  So , i guess I'll just have to keep trying other avenues.

Thanks again for your help  :)
JARROLD/JARRALD/GARROLD/ FITZGERALD (Johannah)
STONE
MANNING
JAMES
HALL

Offline KerriC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 14 May 10 13:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Carmel,
Thanks for your very kind offfer.
 Would you have any info on Gladys Esther Mc Cormack died in Ballarat 1977 72yrs.Maiden name Williams. if there is a MI if there is any children mentioned and if she is buried with her husband John.Regards Kerri

Offline carrey56

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 14 May 10 14:25 BST (UK) »
Kerri
They are both buried in the New Cemetery in LawnF-9.36 he was an SEC (state Electricity company) employee and buried 7 june 1966, and she 7 December 1977. In the Electoral Roll there is a Brian Joseph Mccormack living with them at 55 Webster Street, Ballarat and he was a Textile worker, probably Lucas' or somewhere like that, earlier they were living at warrenhiep just out side of Ballarat toward Melbourne, actually they were in Scotts pde, must have been the electoral area of Warrenhiep.
When she died she was living at 222 lyons street Ballarat. They were still at Webster street when he died.
Headstone reads
Gladys Esther Mc Cormack/ d 5 December 1976 aged 72 yrs/ wife of John Mother of Brian Jean and Nola, / also John J Mc Cormack / died 5 June 1966 aged 62 yrs husband of Gladys father of above.

Offline carrey56

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 14 May 10 14:40 BST (UK) »
just thought you could try the inglewood Historical Society, just google it.
Carmel

Offline abcsydney

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 15 May 10 00:05 BST (UK) »
Hello Carmel,

As a resident of Ballarat & researcher, have you ever seen rate notices c1880's for Mt Egerton on  film? Should I contact the local hist society?

Regards,
Abcsydney
Sydney NSW

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 15 May 10 02:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Carmel,

Thanks for such a quick reply.

Sorry, i'm from Perth WA and didn't realise that Inglewood cemetery was that far from where you are !! Yes I have contacted the cemetery at the address you gave me, quite a while ago, and they weren't able to help me.  So , i guess I'll just have to keep trying other avenues.

Thanks again for your help  :)

On another thread you said you emailed the trust  but the trust does not appear to have an email address.  There is an email address for the Victorian Managed Insurance Authority which includes the Inglewood Cemetery Trust and Inglewood Kindergarten and an email for the person responsible for managing the insurance - perhaps that is where you email was sent.

I have telephoned the Trust Secretary and she is not available until next week.  I had quite a chat with her husband who said they are more than willing to search the burial registers but some pages are in a fragile state.

Trust members and secretaries are voluntary positions in rural Victoria and the Cemetery Trust is the point of contact.   You cannot contact 'the cemetery' as such. 

As suggested you could also contact the Inglewood Historical Society which has a publication for sale of compiled cemetery records.  I have posted the link on your other request.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk