Author Topic: wymer went to NZ but where! *COMPLETED*  (Read 50255 times)

Offline ChristineH2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: wymer went to NZ but where !
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 07:12 GMT (UK) »
:)

Seems to be a connection between these two WYMER families (Rosebank Road in school records / Rosebank, Avondale on the War records). ?

Possibly Enoch is the younger brother of Isaac WYMER ?
It's such an unusal name - not a great many listed on UK records ... and those in NZ appear to descend from Isaac and Enoch ?

I was wondering about the connection as well, especially living in the same area.

Never come across the name Enoch before.

He died 6 November 1949 buried at Hillsborough.

http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/dbtw-wpd/cemeteries/cemetery.html

Cheers
KHP :)

Yes that sounds about right for Enoch - my grandmother (Enoch is her Grandfather) mentioned he was buried at Hillsborough and the dates sound about right

Offline ChristineH2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: wymer went to NZ but where !
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 08:21 GMT (UK) »

Alice (parent Isaac) attended Avondale school 25 August 1896 and left 18 April 1891....... left the district ..... at the time address was Avondale Flat, birth date recorded as 18 April 1891.   

Appears on the Franklin Roll as living in Runciman as a Spinster

Bit of confusion here ...... this is plain Alice and not Alice May

Alice May married, one remained single so this Alice must belong to the other Isaac?
Cheers
KHP

Mmm  ... when is Alice showing on the "Franklin Roll"  - what year ??

Plain Alice - my great grandmother was never married and had 2 children Percy and June. Alice's father was Enoch she was the 5th child of seven. She was born at Great Yarmouth England on December 4th 1902. When she was 4 the family emigrated to Nz on the ship Waimana in 1906. They came to Auckland and shortly afterwards moved to Mamaku where her father (Enoch sub-contracted to Gammins Mill. She moved back to Auckland 40+ years before her death and I know she lived at Runciman there was a very old house on the side of the motorway by Drury for years but has since gone. My nana used to show me the house where she lived in many years before.

Offline spades

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: wymer went to NZ but where! *COMPLETED*
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 08:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi ChristineH2,

It's best to refrain from using quotes within quotes. It makes the post it very hard to read and determine what information is new.

Spades
ELLERKER - Beverley ERY ENG
HEALEY - IRL?
MURDOCH - Wigtownshire SCT, Otago and Westland NZ
PALING - Nottinghamshire ENG
RILEY - Flamborough; Cottingham; South Dalton ERY, Manitoba CAN, & London ENG
STURTON - Arnold, Nottinghamshire ENG
SUTTRON - All, NRY & DUR ENG
TAYLOR - London ENG
TYLER - London ENG
TERNAN/TIERNAN - Dublin IRL

Offline ChristineH2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 08:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi ChristineH2,

It's best to refrain from using quotes within quotes. It makes the post it very hard to read and determine what information is new.

Spades

ok so how do I post updated information to a post then, or do I just make another post. I have no idea how to use this forum and am fumbling my way through so sorry if I make it harder for anyone to read :)

Offline kiwihalfpint

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Women and Cats will do as they please
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi ChristineH2,

If you want to add further information to a post that you have seen, instead of quoting just put down  see Reply #21 and add your new info.

For new information just start a new post :)

If takes a while to find your way around and we were all newbies once. :)

Cheers
KHP
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Septimus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday 04 December 18 07:58 GMT (UK) »
Re reply #145. I believe I am a great grandson of Enoch. I know very little of the history. Isaac & Enoch are names I grew up with. I believe my grandfather John Henry Wymer was one of Enochs sons. My grandfather lived and worked at Mamaku. My father Russell Ellis Wymer was born at Mamaku 1930. By the time I arrived (1954) my grandparents were living in Brewery Lane Newmarket behind lion Breweries. I can remember as a small child visiting the house in Runciman. The motorway did not exist in those days. I was to young to remember whose were actually visiting but the description of the house and its location are vivid memories. I would like to know more about Enoch and his descendants. :)

Offline Septimus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 00:02 GMT (UK) »
A little more. Having scrolled thru all of the posts. My understanding while growing was that only two brothers came to NZ. Enoch & Isaac. I always supposed they came together. Obviously this is incorrect. The son Jack could well be my grandfather John Henry who was often called Jack by family. Told he came to NZ aged 8 years. Born 1904 sailed 1913. To close to be otherwise. If I take this as read, and I do, then I now have the foundation of my branch of the Wymers in NZ. Excellent