Author Topic: im new n need help looking for someone  (Read 13447 times)

Offline newresearcher-71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: im new n need help looking for someone
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 29 October 09 06:38 GMT (UK) »
its what i got when i did a searched for our family i have seen 2 dates 16 august 1830 and one for about 1868  i was on my father ancestorywhen i was looking for things there you see
George  has a son james who was born 1812 who had children henry george james ham 1840 who then he had children who had joseph Augustus ham born 1878 who is my lineage hes OUR GRANDFATHER FATHER he then had children  and clele joseph was born 1918 this is OUR GRANDFATHER then he had a son who was born 1939 bj who is my Father Inlaw who then had a child born 1963 who is my HUSBAND Cj  and then he had a son WHO IS MY SON Ttj born 1996 
we also were given some information from back after the grandfather had passed away and this were we get some of george information from also   im so sorry i feel like im a pain   im so sorry  thanks to everyone for all your help    i also have read that when ann Epton and George parted he was with an elizabeth leith in baulkham hills  but not sure if they ever married   
the Ham family is the main name but theres Mclaughlans,Eptons,Whitters and other names but as yet just concentrating on the Ham Family ...

Offline newresearcher-71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 29 October 09 06:58 GMT (UK) »
i didnt know ann epton had 5 children with george i only new of 4  henry james ann and frances is this correct there were 5?
the Ham family is the main name but theres Mclaughlans,Eptons,Whitters and other names but as yet just concentrating on the Ham Family ...

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 29 October 09 07:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Please don't ever even consider that you are a "pain",  I enjoy helping here at Rootschat, and although I have never met Judith I am positive she also enjoys helping...

Please may I ask you one special thing....  Please just go and modify your last message, and delete the names of your family who are alive...  Its to protect their privacy....

Many happy thoughts from Moi to You

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 29 October 09 07:03 GMT (UK) »
Please do not feel you are bing a pain as you put it we are all happy  to help, otherwise we wouldn't reply to your requests.

I  also enjoy helping out folk

I am only going on information  that I  have found, that lists five children.

Anything  that we can do we will

Jenn

When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 29 October 09 07:30 GMT (UK) »
You're not a pain at all- it's like a mighty jigsaw puzzle finding these long-gone folk.  This one is especially interesting with the differing pieces of information.

Did you read the link that Julie put up in the first reply to you.?  There is an email contact for the person who put that information together so perhaps contacting him might be worthwhile.  He has a couple of things on there that don't fit with the records, but then the records are not consistent ewither.

My thoughts are that George's death was never registered which would obviously mean that it won't be found.  Do we have a death for Elizabeth LEITH?  Perhaps that may give a clue.

Oh bother - have to cook dinner!!

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline newresearcher-71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 29 October 09 09:43 GMT (UK) »
did anyone have any luck with george ham  could he maybe of died in windsor   as i have read he was living in baulkham hills with elizabeth leith could he and her be defacto you think again thanks for all help and does it say when tthey child william was born i only have a listing as 4 thou

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 29 October 09 11:32 GMT (UK) »
If you  read  the link  that Julie gave you, you will see it said they had four children that survived to adulthood  so  it is possible that one died young.,

Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline newresearcher-71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 29 October 09 23:33 GMT (UK) »
have have been informed george was born in goring on 14.10.1770 and died 1830 at campbelltown (to which im still not to sure of this year)and his father being richard ham n mother  hannah to which they married 1755 going heath england  so i will have to go and look on this now thankyou for your help...can anyone help me by telling me where i can search these or any other good sites to search for family struff  would appreciate it thanks in advance jen

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 30 October 09 01:59 GMT (UK) »
Bit More,

Re Elizabeth LEITH

In 1825 Muster, an Elizabeth LEITH ex the Glatton of 1803, sentenced for 7 years and thus free by servitude was living with her husband at Windsor.  His name : JOHN ALLEN ...   Umm, a puzzle !

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.