Author Topic: Bradley children  (Read 13780 times)

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bradley children
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 01 November 09 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Ruby Bradley was the godmother and Frank's brother Charles was the godfather for Angelina Ruby Charlotte 23 April 1912 but when Angelina married in 1933 it was in the Methodist church.

Debbie

Offline montie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 01 November 09 21:27 GMT (UK) »
I have another child for Frank and Elizabeth:  Francois Joseph Stephan Anfossi, born May 29, 1913.

He was baptized Aug 3 in St Anthony of Padua.  His godparents are Giovanni Anfossi (repsresented by Joseph ?) and someone that I cannot make out.

I keep find these people kids as I look for someone else.  LOL

I guess I should have mentioned that Frank and Elizabeth had 8 others kids  ;D

About the Bradleys, I am curious to know if Robina's Joseph came from Ireland. I think many Bradleys (especially from Liverpool) would have been from Ireland. And since he was born in 1859, maybe he was part of a wave of immigration after the famine? Is there a way to know that?
Bradley (Liverpool, Toxteth Park / Co. Sligo, Co. Tyrone); Wheler/Wheeler  (Poole, Liverpool); Ganly (Co. Roscommon / Edinburgh); Kilculllen (Co. Sligo); Lush (Dorset); Dignan (Co. Sligo); Hoare (Co. Roscommon)

Offline montie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 01 November 09 21:29 GMT (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/links/07e2/
1911 census image

Debbie

oh my, I would have had a hard time finding that one out  :o But it's them all right. Thanks!!
Bradley (Liverpool, Toxteth Park / Co. Sligo, Co. Tyrone); Wheler/Wheeler  (Poole, Liverpool); Ganly (Co. Roscommon / Edinburgh); Kilculllen (Co. Sligo); Lush (Dorset); Dignan (Co. Sligo); Hoare (Co. Roscommon)

Offline montie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 01 November 09 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Sept 1909 at Rouse's Pt. New York Delle N. Bradley, 17, single, domestic, last residence Montreal crossed the border bound for her brother-in-law's.  Frank Anfossi of 245 W 35th St. New York, N.Y..  Mother in England given as Robina Bradley 24 Hughes St. Liverpool.  She was 4'7", fair complexion and blue eyes b. Liverpool and emigrated June 1901 on the Tunisian.

Debbie

So does that mean that the parents Robina and Joseph were still alive when they emigrated?

Offline montie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 01 November 09 21:49 GMT (UK) »
I found John's birth.  That poor kid probbaly had an identity crisis! Born as Jean, censused as John and died as Giovanni!

I found Joseph Jean Arthur Anfossi, born on Nov 22, 1910 to Francois Anfossi and Elizabeth Bradley and baptized Nov 27.

The godparents are there, but they do not share a last name - Aurthur Geoffroise???? and his wife, Marce Paquette???  They might be a cousin of Franks or they might just be friends.

He was baptized at Notre Dame.

I wonder, we were told that Elizabeth used to work as a domestic at a lawyer named Geoffrion (I have no other detail). Maybe that's him? Apparently Frank and her met in his office  ;)

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 01 November 09 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Actually Elizabeth crossed into the US in Sep 1907 as Bradley.  21, domestic, mother Ruby Bradley 24 Raffles Liverpool.  bound for New York, friend Mrs. ______ .  In 1907 when Francesco had crossed over his record did say single as well.  Perhaps the couple married in New York?  Frank's 1907 crossing also indicated he entered via Portland, 4/07 on the Dominion.

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
From this site you can play around and find births, marriages and deaths.  Sometimes you have to use wild cards to find the different spellings names can be found under.

On the 1901 British census Joseph Bradley, 17, b. Liverpool is a billard marker in Birkenhead Cheshire working for John and Louisa Powell - owners of a pub.
Perhaps the Joseph Bradley on the 1910 US census in Lawrence Ward 6, Essex, Masschussetts, born 1884 England, emmigration year 1902, working as a patternmaker in a worsted mill is yours.

Debbie

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 01 November 09 22:19 GMT (UK) »
The 1881 and 1891 British census show a birth of Liverpool for Joseph.  Don't know where he is on the 1871.  A quick look at the 1861 show 2 possibilities.  Parents Miche and Elizabeth are from Sligo Ireland but Thomas and Mary Ann are from Liverpool and Ireland respectively.  If you got Joseph's marriage certificate it would allow you to go back another generation as you would have his father's name.

There is a death for a Joseph Bradley that fits your timeframe.  At 48 Sept 1902 Lancaster 8e 417
I didn't find Robina on the 1901 census but from the border crossing entries it would appear that she was living.

Debbie

Offline montie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 03 November 09 06:02 GMT (UK) »
There is a marriage Sep 1880 West Derby 8b 918 for Joseph Bradley and Robina Wheler
Birth for Robina Gray Wheeler Mar 1860 West Derby 8b 293

On the 1871 British census in Liverpool there is Robina Wheeler, 12 b. Liverpool living with sister Annie, 17, b. Liverpool, bookkeeper and her married mother Elizabeth Wheeler, 45, born Edinborough Scotland.  Father not present.

The 1881 census is slightly confusing.  It shows a number of people living at 103 Park St. South Toxteth Liverpool
Robina and her husband Joseph, 22. b. Liverpool, Biscuit maker (baker) are shown related to Thomas and Miriam Baker or Barker both born North Wales.  Joseph is shown as his son-in-law and yet directly below Robina is Margaret Walsh and then 54 year old Elizabeth Wheler born in Edinborough with her widowed actress daughter Elizabeth Ann L'estrange and Elizabeth's daughter.  It might seem that the relationships were misinterpreted?

Debbie

Hi Debbie
thanks for your help - I think I've got the bug too, I am starting to take that research very seriously LOL.
Not sure I understand the situation you mentioned. Robina and Joseph are living with Thomas and Miriam Baker (Barker). Joseph is Thomas's son in law? and Elizabeth Wheeler (Robina's mother) has a daughter Elizabeth Ann L'estrange (widowed) who has a daugther (Robina's niece)? I admit I am a bit lost  :-\ If you could help with this I would be grateful ;D

Offline montie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 03 November 09 06:50 GMT (UK) »
Actually Elizabeth crossed into the US in Sep 1907 as Bradley.  21, domestic, mother Ruby Bradley 24 Raffles Liverpool.  bound for New York, friend Mrs. ______ .  In 1907 when Francesco had crossed over his record did say single as well.  Perhaps the couple married in New York?  Frank's 1907 crossing also indicated he entered via Portland, 4/07 on the Dominion.

OK, that means Frank and Elizabeth must have married after Sep 07 and before Sep 08, either in NY or in Montreal. I would say the latter, but I must try to find that out. Then they returned to NY in  Sep 1908, until_____? - Ruby went to NY in Dec, maybe she joined them there? But where was Joseph? Maybe already there and Nellie joined him in 1909? But would the girls not mention their brother when crossing the border? and the 1910 US census would have shown him with Frank, Elizabeth (then expecting John) and Nellie in NY  ???

About the mother, Robina, in England, yes, the various addresses in Liverpool given by the girls seem to suggest that they stayed in touch somehow... Hmm. I wonder...

Suzanne