Author Topic: Marriage Lookup - Thomas Bassett and Elizabeth  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • View of Hinckley - 1791
    • View Profile
Marriage Lookup - Thomas Bassett and Elizabeth
« on: Monday 02 November 09 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to locate a marriage for Thomas Bassett and Elizabeth.  They both appear to have been born abt 1769 and had several children baptised in Hinckley from 1793 onwards.

Can anybody spot a potential marriage for the couple?

Thanks in advance.

TB

Offline bassettgenealogy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup - Thomas Bassett and Elizabeth
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 December 16 22:51 GMT (UK) »
I have a marriage for William Bassett to Ann Harrison in Hinckley in 1789, but nothing for Thomas. I have 8 children listed for Thomas, only 3 of whom I have traded, Richard Bassett, Thomas Bassett and John Bassett.

www.bassettbranches.org

Offline kelzies

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 December 16 22:26 GMT (UK) »
If you're willing to look across the border to Warwickshire, there's a Thomas Bassett marrying Elizabeth Smith in Grendon on the 16th September 1792. A bit out of town, but still close enough to be a possibility. I can't find anything in Hinckley either.

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • View of Hinckley - 1791
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 December 16 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info.  I had thought that might be the right one too although they are having children at the same time in Polesworth/Grendon as at the time of my Thomas and Elizabeth.  Also from one of their children's marriage certificates it shows that Thomas Bassett to be a Publican whereas mine was a framework knitter.  All very confusing!

Bassettgeneology - I too have found the eight Hinckley children of Thomas and Elizabeth - Richard (1794-1875), Mary (1795-1871), Elizabeth (1797-1854), Thomas (1799-1880), John (1803-1868), Joseph (1805-?), Ann (1808-1895) and Sarah (1810-?).

Many thanks all for your help on this longstanding brick wall!

Regards

TB