Author Topic: Could your family history story become a published book and win £20,000?  (Read 598 times)

Offline hayleyln

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Could your family history story become a published book and win £20,000?
« on: Thursday 05 November 09 16:24 GMT (UK) »
Could your life story become a published book?

The BBC is searching for remarkable true life stories that could become best selling books.

Tell us your story and it might be as successful as Calendar Girls or Erin Brockovich

MY STORY…

We’re looking for extra-ordinary true life stories from all over Britain. They might be dramatic, heartwarming, funny or sad - as long as they’re true, we want to read them.

Fifteen stories will feature in a major new BBC One TV series called MY STORY. Five people will win the chance to have their stories turned into a book.

MY STORY is not a writing competition, so you don’t have to be good at writing to take part. Each of the five stories selected to be published will be ghost-written for you. And if your story is chosen, your name would appear on the cover of your own book.

To find out more visit the MY STORY website at bbc.co.uk/mystory

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.