Author Topic: Louttits Pier  (Read 27162 times)

Offline Peter Wilson

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Louttits Pier
« Reply #27 on: Friday 12 October 18 01:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys, I thought I would throw my connections into the mix. Robert Brass & Catherine are also my great, great, great grandparents. One of their daughters, Tomima? Tommie? Brass married Robert Allen who is  my great, great grandfather. Robert & Tommie moved to Australia in 1891 We know that Robert died in Bendigo. Could have been part of the gold rush.
Their son James Allen was born in the Orkneys, 1879. but died in Masterton, New Zealand in 1933.
Masterton is where my grandmother Thelma (on my mothers side) was born in 1908.
I am an ex-pat Kiwi but now live in Melbourne, Australia.
PW
I would love a copy of the Brass family tree, EJA

Offline Jejelaw

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Louttits Pier
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 19 January 22 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi - Much of the info you have posted on the Brass and Louttit families links to my data. Margaret Brass (17 Oct 1827 - 14 Aug 1893) marries Peter Garriock in Leith in 1858. I record Catherine Louttit as dying on 15 Aug in 1867 and Robert her husband on 25 Nov 1860 in Stromness. 
I note - 1) Margaret (the eldest dau) marries Peter Garriock.
2) Tomina Robertson Brass marries an ??? Allan
3) Jessie Brass marries James Lockyer (and has 5 kids)
4) Robert Brass marries Jessie Spence (and has 8 kids)
5) James Brass ?????
6) I can now add Jane Houster Brass to JOhn Douthwaite!
My Data is for William Miller Garriock (my great grandfatheron my grandmothers side) and is in the form of a Gedcom file. I will happily send the file to you if you feel it is of use.

It is always exciting to add new data into a set.
Many thanks - Lawrie

Hi Lawrie,

my name is Jessica Lawrence. My grandad is your cousin he is called Iain. I am doing a family tree at school and my grandad spotted this chat. He said you are an expert on the Lawrence family. I wonder if you could give me some information on my family. I am particularly interested in my great uncles who died fighting in the First World War.

Hope you and well

Kind regards Jessica