Author Topic: Donald Campbell  (Read 26439 times)

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Donald Campbell
« on: Tuesday 10 November 09 23:04 GMT (UK) »
I am stuck at Richmond Bay, PEI Canada with Donald Campbell b. there in 1730.  He married Margaret Fullerton also in Richmond Bay, PEI.  Does anyone have any Campbells who might have left about that time?  Donald also had a brother Alexander...

Sharon
Tough, Keith, Kerr, Donaldson, Clazey, Stephenson, Jardine, Spry, Jewell. Oswald, Middlemiss, Harper, Carter, Hutchinson, Scott, Lamb.

Offline FREDERICK410

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Campbell
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 March 10 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Have a Donald Campbell and Margaret Fullerton in my tree also.Would like to contact you

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 September 10 21:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Just to let you know that one of my relatives Agnes Hamilton married a Neill Macdonald whose father was Roderick MacDonald married to a Catherine Campbell on the Isle of Harris.

You may find some of your answers there.  Donald Campbell is a case in point. There is an descendant of his researching his family on Genes, which is where I obtained a lot of my information for this part of my family tree.
Hope this helps.  This section of my tree has over 260 people.
marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 September 10 22:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you so very much for the information.  Will see what I can find.

sharon
Tough, Keith, Kerr, Donaldson, Clazey, Stephenson, Jardine, Spry, Jewell. Oswald, Middlemiss, Harper, Carter, Hutchinson, Scott, Lamb.

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 September 10 02:07 BST (UK) »
If you become stuck, the person to look for on Genes is either Donald Campbell or Angus Campbell.
Of come back and I will try and bring my tree on line or if you wish to send me a pm with your email address I can invite you to view on Ancestry, though there are gaps, because my computer that i had my original tree on is now out of commission. So the information is not easily obtained but I can see what can be done.
Some of the Campbells are also in Campbeltown, Lochend etc Argyll and in both cases there are Historical Societies to help with Family Research
marcie
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 24 September 10 09:10 BST (UK) »
I will do that this evening. I had been stuck so long that must pinch myself!  Thank you again.

sharon

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 September 10 01:10 BST (UK) »
Hi clazey,
How are you doing?  I am afraid that one of the names I gave you is slightly wrong, his name is Angus MacSween and not Campbell, and he does not seem to have his tree on Genes any more but you can find him on Ancestry.
He originally had Catherine Campbell born London, whilst Donald Campbell had her born on Islay.  They are offspring on Gaelic people so you get their full names in Gaelic.  Which I find rather romantic but very long.
I would rather trust either one of them with their research than anyone else on Ancestry, with few exceptions for people researching the same people in other branches of my tree who are related to me and also their direct descendants
marcie
 searl rogers sutherland

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 September 10 02:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you.  I have been doing more on this side of the family...father's as he probably knew the least about his mother's history.  And he is in his 80s now so what you have sent is most helpful.    My father is Malcolm Jardine Spry and his mother was Marjorie Adelaide Jardine b. PEI.  Her grandmother was Adelaide Campbell, PEI...

sharon

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 29 September 10 15:49 BST (UK) »
Hi clazey,
Apart from Argyll, do you have any idea at all whether they were mainland or island people?

Will take a look on my tree for Adelaide and Alexander and let you know.

marcie
 searl rogers sutherland