Author Topic: Fallon & Boyle Family Wexford - Hollyville House  (Read 5701 times)

Offline james1972

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fallon & Boyle Family Wexford - Hollyville House
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 April 12 23:05 BST (UK) »
By the way, I am not familiar with the Fallon name at all.

Offline Seana

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 May 12 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hello james1972

Thank you very much for your reply, I have just read it out load to my mum, aunt and grandparents.

The info you have supplied has caused great excitement!

My nan veronica Fallon (Boyle) is the youngest of 8 children to your grandad's eldest brother Martin Boyle. So your grandad is my nan's uncle who my grandparents, my mother and aunt remember very well. "Jolly uncle pat"

Mrs Marion Doran,  had a sweet shop in Barrick street who is uncle pats sister.

I am going over to Wexford this year so I'm looking forward to visiting again.
Seana

Offline Seana

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 May 12 16:55 BST (UK) »
Loud*

Offline james1972

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 May 12 18:03 BST (UK) »
Charlie Mahony, who used to work for my granddad, told me a story about Martin and my granddad.  It appears that they didn't get on too well.

In the great snow of '45 or '46 or when ever it was, My granddad was out driving around the country with a load of turkeys in quite deep snow, Charlie was only a boy at the time.  Martin came along up behind my granddad and literally rammed my granddad into the ditch quite early in the morning.  Martin then drove off and my granddad had to go and get someone to pull him out of the ditch, leaving Charlie behind to mind the turkeys and the truck.  It was nearly 10 clock at night before my granddad returned. Poor Charlie had nothing to eat all day and was freezing.

The house in Barracks street is still in the Doran family and is slowly succumbing to nature after becoming vacant on the death of Elfrieda Doran, a German and wife to Tom Doran.  Tom was the son of Mary Anne Doran (nee Boyle).  Tom Doran himself died around ten years ago.  As for the rest of the Boyle estate, I don't think that there is anything left.  The inside of the house in Barracks street has not changed much since the seventies.  If my memory serves me correctly it still has the cathedral tiles on the hall floor and the same old furniture.