Author Topic: Where is Sarah buried - Knighton - completed  (Read 3681 times)

Offline eac61

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Where is Sarah buried - Knighton - completed
« on: Friday 13 November 09 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Hoping someone will be able to help me.  On researching my tree have discovered from the 1911 census  that my great grandmother lost her second child - have now found that the childs name was Sarah Anne Townsend, Sarah was born in late 1900 and her death is registered in March 1901.  I am trying to find out where she is buried in Knighton.  Her parents were Frederick and Mary Ann Townsend (nee Lloyd) The family are Church of Wales.  I am not sure if she would have been buried in the local church yard or in Knighton Cemetery and I am hoping that someone would be kind enough to check this out at the local offices if they are either going there themselves or are in the area. 
(I live just outside Cardiff )  The family moved to the Kington area the following year........
Fingers crossed
Powell - Ton Pentre
Phillips - Llwynypia
Howell - Llannon/Llwynypia/Cardiff/Pennsylvania,USA
Ungoeds - Llannon,Carmarthenshire/Australia

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Sarah buried - Knighton
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 February 10 13:42 GMT (UK) »
I will look at some records for you.
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Offline eac61

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 February 10 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Thank you that would be great - I said Church of Wales but it could have been church of England, they were living in Knighton when Sarah died, at a place called Castle Bank and a few years later moved to Kington where Mary Ann (Sarahs Mother) was from
Powell - Ton Pentre
Phillips - Llwynypia

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 05 February 10 18:29 GMT (UK) »
I have drawn a complete blank are you sure she is buried in Knighton?
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.

Offline eac61

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 05 February 10 18:59 GMT (UK) »
No -  they were living in Knighton when she died - but I have just had a thought - Mary Ann's family were from Kington - Mary and Frederick married in Kington Parish Church - they moved back to Kington between 1901 and the 1911 census when they appear back living in Kington - all her later childrens births after Sarah are registered in Kington - the earliest being 1902 - but that dosen't ncessary mean that they lived in Kington by then - it could have just been that she went back to her family to have her other children .... so maybe Sarah was buried in Kington !!!
Powell - Ton Pentre
Phillips - Llwynypia

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 05 February 10 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Kington Historical Society have records of burials for the Kington Cemetery. They have been very helpful to me in my research. If you are visiting the area why not drop in they have an office in the Library in Kington.