Author Topic: William Drewery b. 1826 Boston.  (Read 7823 times)

Offline nieve

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Drewery b. 1826 Boston.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 22 November 09 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Geoff -E.    I have the marriage cert. of Will and Res.   I have posted them on the Traveller's Board.   Nieve.

Offline Yekal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 April 12 17:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Nieve,

I have just found your posting from some years ago, I am also related to William and Reservoir, also my Gt Gt Gt Grandparents, not sure if you managed to find out any information, I have some, let me know how you got on and if we have any info we could share.

Offline a j bayram

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 06 May 12 12:26 BST (UK) »
Not directly related to your request but, my G.G.Grandfather married a Martha Drewery (b. 1832-d. 1861 from Irby) in May 1856 (believed to be at Gt. Coates).

The name Drewery became a Christian name down through the males and stopped with my Father (I, alas, only managed to produce a single female).

If linked to and of any use to you, I can provide some information down from there.

Regards... Andrew.
BAYRAM, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire (and anywhere else...).
SUCKLING,  Suffolk (and anywhere else...)

Offline nieve

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 May 12 12:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Yekal,  This is a blast from the past.   Yes, I have quite a lot of info. about Reservoir but nothing on William.  Who were your ancestors?
Have you the census info about their children so that I don't repeat myself.   Have you looked at the Travelling People Site going back to Nov. 09?
Nieve.

Offline Yekal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 May 12 21:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Neive,

My ancestors are William and Reservoir, William is my 3rd Great Grandfather, I have census for William 1841, 61, 71, 81. P.O. directory listing 1876, White directory listing 1877, Kelly directory listing 1881, death 1887, marraige 1841 and his will. All I have for reservoir is Death and marraige cert.............I have also what appears to be another 2 marraiges for William.

Do you have any of this information?, and does it tally with mine?.....Did you manage to get any further back as I could only find a mother for Williamm and not much for Reservoir.

Offline nieve

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 01 June 12 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Yekal,
Firstly. I think William must have been quite a wealthy man according to his will!!!
His daughter Selina was my great grandmother, which child are you descended from?   Was it Amelia, Hezekiah, or William?
Here goes!    With the excellent and very kind help from other Root Chatters I learnt the following:-
Reservoir Smith married William Drewry 5.7.1841 Wymondham.    Robert's rank or profession was Gypsy. Reservoir  died 9.11.1859 aged 36 at Timber Hill, Melton Mowbray.
Her  mother was Evening Smith b. 1792 in Dunston, Lincs and was christened 17.12.1792 Churchover, Warwick.
She died in Caunton, Nottingham March 1872 aged 79.
Evening was married to Robert Smith c.20.12.1792 Whitwick, Leics.
Robert was the son of Wisdom and Hannah Smith who were married 3.3.1782 Bletchingham, Oxon.
Is this enough to be going on with or do you want more because there are a lot of Smiths!
I'm sorry but William is still a mystery.
Nieve.

Offline Yekal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 03 June 12 11:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Nieve,

I am also related from Selina, then their child Hubert Charles.
I assume you only have the same information as I do regarding William?, or should I see if I have anything additional to what you have?

Before I add any of the information you supplied to my tree could you please confirm that it can all be verified, don`t want to add things that are incorrect.

Are you in the UK?, as a lot of my other side that I have been tracing are in Scotland and Canada, but till now apart from direct family have not spoken with any relatives on this side.

Regards

Offline nieve

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 04 June 12 15:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Yekal,
Is this the Hubert that was a postman in  Beswick in 1911.   Where was he in 1901?
Yes, I am in the UK, in the northwest . 
Stephen Johnson, their father is also a mystery.   Selina never married him because she married a Sam. Eckersley in 1889 and gave her name as Drury!
Why is he a mystery?   Could it be because he was a married man and did a 'runner'.   I was always told that he was a very well educated man, but very, very strict and that they off together with  both families disowning  them!   Very romantic.    In the 1881 census he gave his birthplace as Floor, Northampton. which I am led to believe was a well-known gypsy area.
By the way did you know you were descended from gypsies?
Drewery;-   The nearest I have ever got to William is a Henry Drewery aged 24 born in Boston in the 1851 census classed as a Glass Hawker!
I have Will and Reservoir's marriage and her death certificate   Unfortunately. there are no fathers/family mentioned on the marriage one.
I repeat with the help of other very experienced folk I have a lot of other info i.e.
Reservoi - c. 14.12.1822 Ab Kettleby, Leics.    She was registered at as Sesevoy Smith - Father Robert described as a gypsy man of Folville.
As a taster Robert Smith, who was married to Evening, was the son of Wisdom and Hannah Smith who were married in 1782 Bletchingham, Oxon.
They got around a bit!
It gets very complicated and you need a huge notebook.
Nieve.

Offline Yekal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 04 June 12 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hi,

This is getting interesting now, yes this Hubert is the Postman in 1911, I have a lot of help on my tree from a friend who is a Geaneologist, the nearest match we can get for 1901 is: "Possible match under the name Robert Johnson living in West Ham as a boarder ages 22 years a Boiler maker born Warrington-not confirmed"
  All My Johnsons are in the North West, and my Mum was untill she moved here to North Wales.

I have birth of Stephen, cunsus 1851-1881, death 1888, and death cert, unable to find any marraige though, but on census Selina is listed as "Wife"

Yes I did know I was descended from Gypsies, but only when I discovered Reservoir, I have not spoken to the rest of the Johnsons yet about the Gypsies, so don`t know if they are aware, but my mum was shocked and refused to believe me at first.

I have quite a bit for William, and a death cert for Reservoir, like you no parents names............the biggest problem we found researching the Drewery side, there were so many alternative ways to spell the name, Drewery, Drury, etc.

Now I know your information is correct I will fill in my missing pieces, let me know if there are any pieces of information you require and I will see what I have, but know for sure I have not got as far back as you on the the Reservoir line.