Author Topic: William Drewery b. 1826 Boston.  (Read 7825 times)

Offline Yekal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Drewery b. 1826 Boston.
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 15:27 BST (UK) »
P.s.      Do you have any of your tree available on the web anywhere?

Offline nieve

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 18:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Yekal,
No I am sorry I do not have my tree on the web, but I will help.
Firstly, are you looking at the Stephen Johnson on Freebmd, born Northampton in 1842.   If you follow this man through all his life you will see that he is not our SJ.  In 1881 he is with his wife Sarah in Northampton still making boots.  That was a red herring I found years ago.
Romanies liked to be under the radar and very often they used 2 names - a romany one and an anglicised version just to make life difficult.   Sometimes you will see on a census written by the enumerator   ' caravan in field - 6 men   3 women and some children.   Very helpful.   Obviously he must have been nervous of them.
Start by looking on 1841 for Robert and Evening Smith in Leicester and see where it takes you!    Robert classed himself as a Brazier and horse dealer!  They were Reservoir's parents.   I am drip feeding you!  I think it is a bigger sense of achievement when you put all the pieces together yourself.  I hope you agree!
The travelling people site on rootschat is invaluable.
Nieve.

Offline Yekal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 21:00 BST (UK) »
  Ok, will start my homework, the Stephen Johnson I have was indeed born Nothampton 1842, but when weI followed him back we have him on the 1881 census as living in Warrington with Wife Selina, a Herbalist, born Floore.

I have been searching Robert (Brazier) and Evening Smith and have found this, not sure if any of the names look familiar to you?, but no Reservoir................

Robert Smith, Brazier, 50
Evening Smith, 40
Noah Smith, 14
Robert Smith, 11
Thomas Smith, 7

Also found this:

Evening SMITH , or Emily, or Eveline, or Evelin was born in 1792 in Dunston, Lincs was christened on 17 Dec 1793 in Churchover,
Warks., and died in 1872 in Caunton, Nottingham, England, United Kingdom aged 80.
Noted events in her life were:
1. She appeared on the census in 1841 in Wymondham, , Leicestershire, England.
2. She appeared on the census in 1851. not found
3. She appeared on the census in 1861. not found
4. She appeared on the census in 1871 in Arnold, , Nottingham, England. Emily Smith aged 76, bn Dunston, Leicesetershire
Evening married Robert SMITH , Brazier &Horsedealer, son of Wisdom SMITH and Hannah, and who may have been a brother of
Bethanasia. Robert was born in 1794 in Whitwick, Ashby District, Leicestershire and died in 1882 in Caunton, Nottingham, England, United
Kingdom aged 88.
Noted events in his life were:
1. He appeared on the census in 1841 in Wymondham, , Leicestershire, England.
2. He appeared on the census in 1851. not found
3. He appeared on the census in 1861. not found
4. He appeared on the census in 1871 in Arnold, , Nottingham, England. aged 80, Chairmaker, bn Ashby, Leicestershire
5. He appeared on the census in 1881 in Caunton, Nottingham, England, United Kingdom. aged 90, widowered, bn Leicestershire, Wigtoft

Look at that 1871 furniture maker, My uncle on the Johnson side also does that, as do I.

Hope I am on the right tracks here?

Offline nieve

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 18:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Yekal,
Now you have got the bug!!
I couldn't count the number of hours I have spent looking for that Stephen Johnson.  He only appears in the 1881.   His mate Henry Chorley  on the same census is also a missing link!
You have done really well and I must admit that I had to put these people on hold for years because of family.
However, here is the next instalment:-
Children of Robert and Evening Smith.     [It would be easier if they weren't called Smith and they all knew where they were born]
Absolom   c. 24.1.1813 Whatten, Notts
Isabel  c. 10.12.1817  Wymondham
Resevoi   c. 14.12.1822  Ab Kettleby, Leics.   Registered as Sesevoy
St.Helean  c.3.4.1825 Ibstock, Leics
Noah c. 8.7.1827  Billesden, Leics
Robert   b.30.12.1829 Melton Mowbray
Thomas   c. 15.6.1834 Harby, Leics.
I must add that these details have been passed on to me by another dedicated searcher.
I am sure I am not the only one whose life can easily be taken overKeep K by these ancestors!
It is frustrating that Will and Res. were married in Wymondham 5.7.1841 and parents were in Wymondham for the 1841 census.
Keep searching,
Nieve.

Offline Yekal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 24 June 12 20:48 BST (UK) »
Nieve,

I have had no or little iternet connection for the past couple of weeks so have not been up to speed with my homework, but I have put in extra hours when I did have connection, I am struggling quite a bit with these Smiths, I seem to find lots of conflicting information, any way this is what I have found, hope it tallies with what you have or you have more than I do because I am at a stand still no with it.
Robert has a sister Bethanasia, and possibly Tabitha, and parents are Wisdom and Hannah.
Am I correct or can you enlighten me more?

Cheers

Offline nieve

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 28 June 12 09:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Well done.  Firstly, it came to me that St, Helena Smith could be Selina.   Family name.  I digress.
You are quite right about Robert's parents so here goes.   Once again it was all given to me by other trusted root chatters.
Wisdom and Hannah Smith married 3.3.1782 Bletchingham, Oxon.
They had the following children:-
1.Edward  c.4.12.1786 Watford, Northants
2.Eunice/Inity  c.16.1.1792 Long Buckby, Northants.   Married James Smith
She also had a son called Wisdom c. 12.11.1812 who married Eliza Boswell.  Their son also called Widsom who married Priscilla Bayley.  In 1853 he married Amy Haywood.
3.Nathanial   c. 20.12.1792 Long Buckby, Northants married Patience
4.ROBERT c. 20.12.1794 Whitwick, Leics   married Evening Smith
5. Lissy Smith c. 1795 Wovery, Warks.
6 Salvino Smith c. 24.5.1798 Moulton, Notts
7 Bertha/Bethania/Bethany Smith c. 24.8.1800 Seaton, Rutland.  Married William Grayb. circa 1795 aka James Mobbs
8 Tabitha Smith  c. 16.11.1802 Cropwell Bishop, Northants married William Gray c. 1794 Ashwell, Herts - son of Charles & Aqually [Aquila].
9.Solome Smith c. 12.7.1807 Irthingboro, Northants married William Smith 1824 Hepston, Northants.
10.Wisdom Smith b. 1796 Twyford, Leics.   Married Esther Smith 10.5.1813 South Witham, Lincs.   On 1.7.1818 Saltby,Leics he married Maria/Martha Elliott
He had the following children:-
       1. Wisdom c.5.6.1818   Benefield,Northants     
       2. Hercules c.20.5.1821 Wansfor, Northants
       3. Offa c. 20.4.1823 Swayfield, Lincs
       4. Maria c. 17.12.1824 Nr. Witham, Lincs
       5 .Abigail c. 22.03.1829 Castle Bytham, Lincs
       6. Matilda c. 17.07.1831 Essendine, Rutland

Evening Smith/Emily/Eveline/Evelin born in 1792 Dunston, Lincs and was christened 17.12.1793 Churchover, Works.  She died in Caunton, Nottins in March 1882 aged 79.     Must have had a 'healthy lifestyle'!
Her parents were Absolom Smith b. 28.2.1768 North Marston, Bucks.   Mother Elizabeth.
Siblings:-   Amy Turtle [Hammi] b. 1.10.1790 Northampton
                 Adam b. 15.2.1800 Northampton
                 Absolom b. 1802 East Haddon, Northampton
                 Lavenia b. 1804 Naxeby, Northampton.

This will keep you occupied for a 'little while!!
I hope I have transcribed everything correctly and not got mixed up.   [not hard]
Nieve.

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 01 August 13 15:19 BST (UK) »
Hello I'm looking for a James Gray married a Bethany ? But his son eliace used the name William Gray in a lot of census I've found him in ?dose anybody know who the Bethany child of Hannah a d wisdom children were I'm looking for eliace and twins cornelious and righteous  :)

Offline rosieM

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 21 December 19 08:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello I'm looking for a James Gray married a Bethany ? But his son eliace used the name William Gray in a lot of census I've found him in ?dose anybody know who the Bethany child of Hannah a d
wisdom children were I'm looking for eliace and twins cornelious and righteous  :)

I believe My gtgtgt was Bethania/Bethany Smith.. Wed James Mobbs aka Gray but I've done little on their children except Letitia my gtgt granny x
Price Lincoln
Kilvington Yorks
Parnham - Notts/Yorks/Grimsby/Louth/Derbyshire
Hardwick - Hull Yorks/Poole Dorset
Hattrick Ireland/Doncaster
Ray/Reay/Wray/ -Hull Yorks
Dann - Dannet/Louth Lincs
Keal - Louth Lincs
Lindley -
Cunningham -Hull/Louth/Yorks
Hollis - Notts/Yorks
Wilson - Yorks/Notts/Boston
Russell - Market deeping lincs
Morris - Bedfordshire
Mobbs- Lincoln
Smiths - Yorks/Lincoln
Gray - Yorks /Derbyshire
Bramwell - Chesterfield/Derby/Louth
Taylor Lincs/Derbyshire
Bostock - Derbyshire

Offline Annie L Jeffs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 04 January 21 14:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone here. i am researching my own Drewery Lineage, my lot are located in East riding of yorkshire, Rimswell and Ottrington , am interested to see if these two lines connect up . I have a John Drewery born 1796 in Ottrington married Eliabeth Tripp born 1792 in Lincolnshire. Any thoughts?