Author Topic: Jersey lookup request Helleur/Amy family  (Read 21611 times)

Offline Rachly

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jersey lookup request Helleur/Amy family
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 15 March 12 07:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello
My Grandfather's Aunt is Violet Taylor. For some time I simply could not find her birth.

(As I have her death in 1933 in Australia and says her parents are Lily and John Stirling TAYLOR)

I thought she was born in Australia. Went to New Zealand BDM Online and found not only her's but her brothers and sisters.

John born 1891, Alex 1894, Violet 1896, Leslie 1898, Allan 1899 and Myrtle in 1903.

So went to Marriages Again jackpot. John Stirling Taylor married Lily Helleue.

Then I found this page.

As I said my grandfathers Uncle Walter Kelly married Violet Taylor in Australia in 1918. Sadly she died in 1933 very sure giving birth.

Also her brother Leslie died in Australia right here in Canberra, ACT in 1945.
And brother Allan died in 1978 also in Australia. (NSW)

That is where I am. Was trying to trace this TAYLOR family in Australia. No wonder wasn't getting anywhere.
They are from New Zealand.

Cheers
Rachel

Canberra, ACT
Australia

Offline GorGor

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 07 May 12 12:50 BST (UK) »
Hello all,
I am a granddaughter of John Stirling Taylor. I first came across this site while looking for details on Lily Helleur (have come across various spellings) who was my grandmother. Allan Hood Taylor was my father. He was born 28/10/1899 in New Zealand and died 6/09/1978 in Taree NSW. He told us he was living in Mangaweka NZ before coming to Australia.
Rachel, I was particularly interested in your mention of Violet Taylor and Walter Kelly, I can remember Walter Kelly when I was a child, we used to call him Uncle Paddy.
I have been trying to find out if I have any other relations through my Auntie Violet.
I am of the understanding that Lily and John Stirling Taylor separated and she came to Australia with some of her children. It could have been about 1908 as my father told me he was 9 years old when he came to Australia.
It is possible that Lily went under the surname 'Wilson' for some time and my father told me she worked as a cook for the railways.
I am trying to obtain more information on John Stirling Taylor and Lily Helleur but that is for another time.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Offline bristol170

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 25 September 12 14:30 BST (UK) »
Nice to see all the connections to the Helleur line out there- my own direct connection is with Marthe Helleur b. 1720 in St. Brelade, Jersey who is my 5x gt grandmother and married Elie Romeril. Marthe was daughter of Matthieu b.1684 St. Brelade and his wife Marguerite De Gruchy b.1687 in St. Lawrence.
Apologies for being absent from the board for so long- I have a job and several other interests that take up most of my time in the summer!

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 25 September 12 19:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Bristol170. Esther Amy and Francois Helleur are my 4th Great Grandparents, so we descend from the same family. I have not had much luck in tracing the family of Marguerite de Gruchy, she is not listed on any of the de Gruchy pedigrees, infact I have wondered if she my have been a Gruchy instead of de Gruchy do you have any information on her? Lisa

Offline bristol170

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 25 September 12 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hi cousin Lisa!

I'm afraid we're in the same boat regarding Marguerite, as I have only an approximate year of birth, a marriage date and a death date. I'm in Guernsey, so my family didn't move too far! I don't have any data on the Gruchy name in Jersey, save that there are some in the telephone directory!

Andy Smith

Offline Honeymoon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 17 May 16 02:18 BST (UK) »
We are tracing the descendants of John Stirling Taylor and Lily Helleur and would love to discuss the family further and have some photos that might include him. We have also visited his grave in Auckland.

We can be contacted via taylorfamilyhistorynz @ gmail.com

Offline Helenanne23

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 02 April 17 10:30 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

This is my first time using this site so apologies if not using correct etiquette.
My Dad has just come back from a visit to Akaroa where he traced our name, Helleur. We now know that we are descended from the same Frederick Helleur that you have written about. I loved reading your post about how the Monarch ended up in Akaroa as we were trying to work that out.
Would love to talk more and see how we are connected,
 :)
Helen

Offline Rob12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 29 December 19 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi

My great grandmother Augustus Francis Helleur was the daughter of Francis Helleur and Mary Jane Connolly.
Mary remarried after Francis died , and migrated to NZ. On the Scimitar 1874
My records only note 2daughters , Linda mentions 3 , I'd be interested on more detail there.
My family story is Francis Helleur died st sea of scurvey. But that's all the info I have, I do have a photo of him.
Marys parents were Francis Connolly and Mary de St Croix. If anyone has more details on them, I'd appreciate it.
Also they migrated to Australia, if anyone can help re ship , date or destination?
Thanks Rob

quote author=Lisa B link=topic=419261.msg3021789#msg3021789 date=1266533816]
[quote author=bristol170 link=topic=419261.msg2846808#msg2846808

Hi there. I might be able to help you with this one.

I two am a direct descendent of Francis & Esther Helleur (nee Amy) through their son Francis Helleur born 1837. Esther had a brother Philip Amy. Their parents were Phillip Amy and Esther Carrel, the Carrel's were fron Normandy France. Philip and Esther had three children Anne Jeanne (some times listed as Jane) b 1831, Emelle Eleonore b 1834 and my Francis born 1837, Francis was a master mariner and died at sea, he married Mary Jane Connelly and they had three children and so the line goes on. I have both the Amy and Helleur trees if you are interested. This is the first time I have seen someone also related to this line of Helleur!

date=1258209854]
Hi

hoping someone can help with a few requests please for a friend who cannot travel herself? First is birth lookup for:

Anne Jeanne Helleur b. abt 1829, possibly St. Helier, dtr of Francois Helleur and Esther Amy

second is

Esther Amy b. abt 1806- we have no parent details, same lady mentioned above.

third is confirmation of a marriage date of

Elie Romeril and Marthe Helleur, which I have as 27 Jan 1744 St. Brelade, however I've seen a conflicting report taken apparently from a Société Jerriaise record suggesting a date in 1745, possibly in St. Helier, is correct?

Any help gratefully received!

Andy

[/quote]
[/quote]

Offline Rob12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 29 December 19 22:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just noticed Andy you mentioned you had a copy of the Helleur family tree. I'd be happy to have a copy if you'd like to send me one.
Thanks Rob