Author Topic: Alexander Forbes & Jane Williams  (Read 9990 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Forbes & Jane Williams
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 15 October 19 23:24 BST (UK) »

The English did the same with the Scottish that came to Ireland, treating them only "slightly better" than the Irish.

Hence their leaving very quickly for North America.

Killashee is one of the Churches mentioned in a Link I posted.

Of course Scanlan knew these settlers were put there as a buffer-zone.... but who would end up with all the allocated land/funds etc if they were all killed??

IGP is back up.... only one Forbes in Ballinalee.

All you can really do now is ask if there are further details on that Church Record or not... chances are they will look as they know which Register and the Date of the one that exists in the Church Register. 

Only ask about the one you need!!

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Forbes & Jane Williams
« Reply #73 on: Friday 10 January 20 02:31 GMT (UK) »
my great grandad was i maffekind the boer warhe would have been around 29 or 30 prior to that he was in india apparently in the 18th hussars seconded to the imperial calvary pehaps find info on  the war records or brittanica wikki or somewhere like that?they may list the dead and survivors with photos too!?
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet