Author Topic: Griffiths family  (Read 3044 times)

Offline cae howell

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Griffiths family
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 November 09 08:58 GMT (UK) »
They are buried in Maeshyfryd cemetry the tree is on My Heritage and you will have to be invite to use it with your email address  so that your knowledge half of Owen and Grace children emigrated to America the family had gone to Liverpool to go to America but grace had cold feet and refused to go so they came back  with some of the children and moved into Llanfain Llaingoch Holyhead what you have been told from there is about right
griffiths Anglesey,, thomas Holyhead,,Liverpool

Offline the raven

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 November 09 12:45 GMT (UK) »
i hardly know anything about owen and grace apart from they where in the farm and had a a lot of children ,basically all i know is from my grandfather down to me , its now interesting to know that some of thomas brothers and sisters emigrated to america ,i will have to register with my heritage and have a look at the work you have done , i still live in holyhead will have to take a walk to maes hyfred , are you living localy

ps
 i checked and found that i had an account on myheritage ,but the tree i have on there is not uptodate as the one i have on GenesReunited,so how do i find your tree on there,do i have to give you my email address
griffiths
roberts
mummery
gillick

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline anthonymarkjohn

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 22 February 21 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I know this is now an old thread but I am also researching Cae Howell, I am Ravens cousin, so Owen Griffiths would be my 2nd Great Grandfather. I am trying to find out what happened to Owens 6 daughters as there seems to be no record of them once they left Cae Howell, your comment "Owen and Grace children emigrated to America the family had gone to Liverpool to go to America but grace had cold feet and refused to go so they came back  with some of the children and moved into Llanfain Llaingoch Holyhead what you have been told from there is about right" is of great interest to me, do you have any more info please.