Author Topic: Reidys of Castleisland  (Read 13123 times)

Offline Dulaigh

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Reidys of Castleisland
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 10 March 12 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello teecee3467...Was that John Connell father of Michael and Andy Connell ?

Offline PatrickOhio

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 December 12 02:58 GMT (UK) »
My g-gf’s youngest brother, Maurice Flaherty, was from Lixnaw parish just north of Castleisland. He married Catherine Hickey in 1876. Their daughter, Helen (bn 1882), who was in Chicago for eight years, returned to Ireland in 1913 and married one Thomas Reidy. He died in 1952, age 83, and is buried in Kilmurry Cemetery, Cordal, in a Reidy vault. Helen died in 1958 and is buried there, too. They lived on his father, Maurice Reidy’s farm in Glenlarhan, just east of Castleisland, at a location called “High Trees”. Their children were Julia Reidy, who died in 2010, age 97, Maurice “Mossien Tommy” Reidy, a poet & story writer and horse racing aficionado, who won over 200 races and who died in 1988, Katherine “Kitty” Reidy, who died in 1999 and John “Tammy” Reidy, who died in 2008. We met the three living ones in 1998 and the two still living in 2003. Maurice and Catherine Flaherty lived in Kilcusin which was the next townland closer to Castleisland. Moss’ son is Banjo Dan Reidy a local musician. Am hoping to ring some bells to see if I can find who my Maurice Reidy’s spouse and ancestors were.

Offline FromIrelandToMaine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 September 15 00:58 BST (UK) »
I think your post was in 2012, but I just joined this site.  I have Reidy in my family, and in my searching I have found the following--which I don't think are not part of my family, but may be of help to you in case you are still searching for Maurice Reidy:
1)  Ellen Reidy was born 19 Sept. 1819 to Maurice Reidy an Johanna Reidy in Tallivideen, Tralee, Kerry.  Sponsors were Michael Reidy and Mary Reidy.
2)  Mary Reidy was born 13 Apr. 1830 to Maurice Reidy and Gobinet Spillane in Knuckruor, Castleisland, Kerry.  Sponsors were Cahterine Reidy and John Coffee.