Author Topic: 1841 Look Up Please - Paddington  (Read 4608 times)

Offline Lancashire Lou

• RootsChat Member
  • Nothing to declare but my genes
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Look Up Please - Paddington
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 March 05 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cougar

There isn't one!

It just says HALL PARK which apparantly doesn't actually exist as a place.  I've checked it out on the London Met Archives website and it appears that Hall Park was (for want of a better phrase) a housing estate, consisting of several streets all interconnected....the ones it named being Crompton Street, Edgware Road, Elm Tree Place and Church Street.

So they could be anywhere!

Lou
Bibb - London/Staffordshire
Hooper - London
Stuart/Martin - Essex

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 March 05 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Don't panic - will have a wander and see if I can find it
Get back to you later about it as I am off to do some craft with my oldies in a little while.
Cougar
Researching STANLEY(Coventry to Shoreditch area, EWENS,(somerset) BARBER,(Holloway) WOOD,(Shoreditch area) WHILLANCE,(N-U-T Northumberland)  ROSSER,(Glamorgan Wales) REYNOLDS,(Kent) SPILLER (London)
This information is Crown Copywrite. from the www.national archives.go.v.uk.

Offline Lancashire Lou

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 13 March 05 22:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you!

Very much appreciated but don't put yourself out too much.  I know how these early census are to search and without a definite target I'm not sure I'd want to attempt it!

Lou
Hooper - London
Stuart/Martin - Essex

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 14 March 05 07:25 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, sad tale - have been through HO107 1478 pages 1 - 66 where some of Pimlico turn up and none of yours.
Also HO107 1477 Pimlico turns up in bits and pieces so did the round trip through squares and gardens, lanes and alleys from page 660 through to 1180 which is where I ended up back in Westinster.  Couldn't see them there either.
There was only one POSSIBLE and the writing was shocking, so don't know if it was BIBB or GILL written badly -
that was for a Martha Bibb/Gill?? servant unmarried aged 22 born Kipton Yorkshire on page 795 at 31 Commercial Road, St Geo Hanover Square, Belgrave which is where Pimlico is turning up.
Sorry - will watch when am wandering.
Cougar
Researching STANLEY(Coventry to Shoreditch area, EWENS,(somerset) BARBER,(Holloway) WOOD,(Shoreditch area) WHILLANCE,(N-U-T Northumberland)  ROSSER,(Glamorgan Wales) REYNOLDS,(Kent) SPILLER (London)

Offline Lancashire Lou

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 14 March 05 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your time and all your efforts so far.

This family are definitely proving elusive!

Lou
Hooper - London
Stuart/Martin - Essex

Offline Cougar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 14 March 05 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Lou
Do you have Christian names, dates of births or anything to go with the BIBB surname?
Cougar

Offline Lancashire Lou

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 14 March 05 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cougar

There are only 115 Bibb's in the whole of London by the 1871 census so ANYONE you may stumble across of that name would certainly be of interest!

However the people I am desperate to find are my 3xgrandparents.  I have very little information but what I have is:

George Bibb married Sarah Ann (nee Hooper) 27th Dec 1850 at St Johns Church, Paddington, address on cert given as Hall Park which is why I HOPED they might still be on the 1851 at the same place.  No such luck!

George's father was William and both men were Tailors.  George died in 1858, age at death according to cert 34, which gives a birth year of c1824.  Sarah Ann was born in 1821.

I have Sarah on the 1861 census living in Cavendish Sq Marylebone with 3 children, the two boys I knew about, Richard b1856 and George Hooper b1859 (George being my next direct line down). The daughter Sarah Ann b1852 Pimlico was a total surprise but have been unable to locate a baptism for her to try and get some clues, her birth cert just says Hall Park in the address space but Hall Park can't be in Paddington AND Pimlico surely????

I have traced two brothers (John and William) for George who married in 1841 and 1848 in Paddington, both born St Pancras according to tracing them on later census.

Other than that I'm cracking my head against the proverbial brick wall!

Lou

Hooper - London
Stuart/Martin - Essex

Offline Lancashire Lou

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 14 March 05 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cougar

There are only 115 Bibb's in the whole of London by the 1871 census so ANYONE you may stumble across of that name would certainly be of interest!

However the people I am desperate to find are my 3xgrandparents.  I have very little information but what I have is:

George Bibb married Sarah Ann (nee Hooper) 27th Dec 1850 at St Johns Church, Paddington, address on cert given as Hall Park which is why I HOPED they might still be on the 1851 at the same place.  No such luck!

George's father was William and both men were Tailors.  George died in 1858, age at death according to cert 34, which gives a birth year of c1824.  Sarah Ann was born in 1821.

I have Sarah on the 1861 census living in Cavendish Sq Marylebone with 3 children, the two boys I knew about, Richard b1856 and George Hooper b1859 (George being my next direct line down). The daughter Sarah Ann b1852 Pimlico was a total surprise but have been unable to locate a baptism for her to try and get some clues, her birth cert just says Hall Park in the address space but Hall Park can't be in Paddington AND Pimlico surely?

I have traced two brothers (John and William) for George who married in 1841 and 1848 in Paddington, both born St Pancras according to tracing them on later census.

Other than that I'm cracking my head against the proverbial brick wall!

Lou
Hooper - London
Stuart/Martin - Essex

Offline Lancashire Lou

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 14 March 05 11:00 GMT (UK) »
No idea what has happened here....I seem to be repeating myself!!!

Lou
Hooper - London
Stuart/Martin - Essex