Author Topic: Burials at Kilmore Church Oban  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Dolphinphil

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burials at Kilmore Church Oban
« on: Sunday 22 November 09 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know of a link for Kilmore Chuch where I can find burial records? I have already posted a request for help finding my Great Grandparents (David and Emma Mackintosh died 1889 and 1891) but now I think I have reason to believe they could be buried at Kilmore. Any help, please?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline thornhill121

• RootsChat Extra
  • G.G.Grandfather John Beck 1903
    • View Profile
Re: Burials at Kilmore Church Oban
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 November 09 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I live in the area and as far as I know there isn't a burial ground in Kilmore (although there may be an old one in the hills somewhere).
If I were you I would contact the library in Oban as they have a family history section and may be able to help you.

Lucy
Thornhill Beeston Notts, Belton Notts, Searle Lincs/Notts, Cooper Notts, Creet Notts
Beck Dumfriesshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Burials at Kilmore Church Oban
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 26 November 09 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Yes, there is an ancient churchyard at Kilmore and also one at Kilbride, both still in use at the end of the 19th century. As far as I know the burial records have not survived, if they ever existed in the first place!

Lodger
Paterson, Torrance, Gilchrist - Hamilton Lanarkshire. 
McCallum - Oban, McKechnie - Ross of Mull Argyll.
Scrim - Perthshire. 
Liddell - Polmont,
Binnie - Muiravonside Stirlingshire.
Curran, McCafferty, Stevenson, McCue - Co Donegal
Gibbons, Weldon - Co Mayo.
Devlin - Co Tyrone.