Author Topic: Mary GAGE (Mere Keeti)/John ALLEN Family *COMPLETED*  (Read 28033 times)

Offline Te Arana Paora

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary GAGE (Mere Keeti)/John ALLEN Family *COMPLETED*
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 05 March 13 09:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ladybird Rose I would really appreciate a copy of the pic you have of Waana I am also related and have not seen the avatar pic  of her before but I will certainly stop in at the marae when I go past and check it out I also have a sister living and working at Pae Ahi I will ask her to have a look this week. anyway Im new to this so not sure what I do let me know how I should leave my email. regards

Offline keetiGAGE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 25 June 16 13:08 BST (UK) »
 I do believe there is a family here in Paeroa NZ who are decendants from Mary Gage and John Allen I could enquirer? Mary is the sister to my great x6? grandfather George Gage. we have a lovely black and white photo of her in a full length dress which hangs on the wall in our marae. 

Offline keetiGAGE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 25 June 16 15:32 BST (UK) »
Waana Pororua was from Waikato Maniapoto in the region of Tokanui/Pokuru which is south of Te Awamutu. Here at Ngahutoitoi marae Paeroa NZ we have always refered to Waana as Princess Waana as past on by our old people. It had been said that she was laid to rest on our sacred mountain Tapu Ariki which could explain why her photo is in our marae. This magnificent kuia her photo hangs at the very above all the other ancestor's there with her, an indication of her senior rank maybe? Beneath her is her one and only daughter Mary Gage. I realise I am blessed to have the privilege to sit there and glance up at our ancestors every I am active on our marae which is most days and so I am open to sharing this. Mary Gage later became Mary Allen through her marridge to John Allen. I have only a half page of Mary and Johns children in form of a genealogy chart which shows their 4 youngest children and these children's children's 3 generations on. This chart was handed to me by my grand aunt who attended the Gage reunion held at Ngahutoitoi Marae in the mid 1980s. May I add... It is time for another reunion off the three children from George 1st & princess waana being John, Mary & George. Following the last reunion is the Gage reunion book. I will try and track this book.

Offline joan11archer

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 22 September 16 08:23 BST (UK) »
Hi keetiGage,
I am new to Roots Chat and have just found your postings for John Allen and Mary Gage.
I have been researching for my neighbour in Sydney, Australia- his parents recently died and he realised he should have asked many more questions about his ancestors before they passed on. I offered to help as I have been doing genealogy research for about 10 years now and am quite adept at finding information.
I have recently obtained the marriage certificate for George Allen - son of John Allen and Mary Gage. From this I was able to connect him to John and Mary and have spent the last week gathering all the information about their children and Mary's siblings. I notice that you said you have a photo of John and Mary - I would be very grateful if you could send me a copy to include in the folder I'm putting together for my neighbour. My neighbour has a photo of a Maori man in traditional dress who is somehow related to Mary he thinks - I haven't seen it yet - but I would be grateful if I could send it to you in the hope that you can add a name to him hopefully.
I still have a few blanks in the family order of John and Mary's children  though, unfortunately. I notice you said there is a Gage Reunion book - can I please have more details of where I can obtain a copy.
Kind regards, Joan

Offline N.Reid

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 02 August 21 10:46 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

It looks like this thread dissipated a while ago. I was wondering if there was progress on locating the Gage reunion book or if anyone had any further information about Waana Pororua.

Thank you in advance.

Offline antonoka1977

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 05 February 23 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Kia ora Koutou,
Ko Antonio Oka toku ingoa
I am a descendent of Waana Kahukopeka Pororua through my grandmother Paremoetu Wirihana was a daughter of Makoare Tihi Wirihana and Amy Tuihana Gage.  His father was Taka Wirihana who married Mere Toro Keeti Gage, the daughter of George Gage and Waana Poruroa.  My families are the Te Oka Reti, Wilson, and Gage, and Mohi, plus many other whanaunga that are connected around our regions.

Offline Looking4whanau

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 15 February 23 10:42 GMT (UK) »
@antonoka1977

Your line will be as follows
Koro George and Nana Waana
John November Keeti Gage and Ani Merritt
then
Mere Tori Keeti Gage and Taka Wirihana.

Kiaora,

Ronny Keeti Rolfe

Offline Looking4whanau

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday 10 March 23 14:07 GMT (UK) »
Apologies antonoka, you are correct, ive had my lines mixed up.

Offline antonoka1977

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 23 July 23 19:32 BST (UK) »
Sorry i made an error, it seems i have left Hori Keeti out.  He was brother to John Gage (Hone Keeti).

Nanny Mere Toro Keeti was the daughter to Hori Keeti and Hemoata.  Not to be mistaken with Hori Te Kau O Rehua Keeti, his nephew, my Papa Fred Gage's brother.