Author Topic: John Lindsay died 1802  (Read 23842 times)

Offline barrybradfield

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Lindsay died 1802
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 28 September 14 17:11 BST (UK) »
Additional grave information from Moviddy. A box grave enclosed by an iron railing over a very large and deep tomb.
"The Cemetry
       of
Thomas Henry Lindsey
        of Peake
Henry John Lindsey
    of Myshells
William Crook Lindsey
of Coolclough
Erected the 17th day of
Dec AD 1832."
This is a little distance away from the other Lindsay graves in Moviddy. I can supply a photograph if any one is interested

Offline LORC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 28 September 14 21:03 BST (UK) »
I would love to have a photo of my  3x gt gfr's grave (Henry Lindsey)
Lorraine
RADLEY  LINDSEY  ARMSTRONG BESNARD BEECHER/BECHER  WARREN CROOKE NASH LEAHY BARRY  COOPER  .JERVOIS  BALDWIN.  LEADER....CORK

Offline barrybradfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 28 September 14 21:20 BST (UK) »
e-mail me at barrybradfield@eircom.net and I will then forward it to you. Lorraine

Offline Caroline NJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 19:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Barry,

I am researching my family tree through my paternal grandfather, Thomas Herbert Moore, whose family when he was young, was from Castletown (Enniskeane) (Dunmanway, Cork), Church of Ireland.  His mother was Mary Esther "Minnie" Moore, and in turn Mary's parents were William Harold (also sp. Harrold) and Rebecca Good.  I am trying to find out more about Rebecca Good and her family tree.  The only information besides the birth of her children in Knockshanawee (Aglish, County Cork) with William  is a marriage record from 1854 which I believe pertains to her marriage in 1854 to William Harrold, showing that the event took place in Ahinagh, Cork, and that her father's name was James Good, and her spouse William's father is listed as Charles.  I also found her on the 1901 Census and her death record which puts her birth range from ~1828-1831.  Also her husband's death record and his age derived from it, birth around 1835.

I found the Macroom Parish (COI with some Catholic) register records that you referred to, mentioning the births of children of James and Ann Good, Hannah, James and Sarah but no births recorded after that point.  I do see that there seem to be problems with the Parish register, especially after the death of the Rector, Simon Davies, who was buried March 23, 1830, the quality of the records (especially apparent with the burial records which are one to two sentence descriptions but then decline to just the name of the person), gaps in the register, loose pages, etc.  This is reflected by his death, and church personnel issues -what appears to be an interim fill-in by his son or other close relative, Curate Richard Davies, and then an appointment of another Rector, J.M. Hallaran, in 1834.  This might have unfortunately caused church events, such as births (Rebecca's) marriages and burial not to all be recorded.

This is dismaying for me because I was hoping to conclusively link Rebecca to James Good by seeing a record of her baptism.  However, I am also wondering, since there seems to be no records for Ann and James Good (from Ahinagh) in the Macroom Register after the birth of their daughter Sarah in 1825, that it there a possibility that the family changed parishes, moved and changed Parishes or some other scenario?  I see in the Tithe Applotments from that time period that lands were held for both William and James Good in Mashaneglass (Well Farm) and Ummery which appear to be bordering townlands within the area of Macroom/Ahinagh.

Also, I was wondering if you could share where (location and church) James Good and Anne Bradfield were married, and the religion of each, and how you obtained those records?  Also their respective birth and death records. You seem very knowledgeable and I was hoping you could help me with my searches.

I appreciate any insight, advice or information you could provide.  Look forward to hearing from you.

Caroline NJ

Offline MBDC1958

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 07:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Barry,
I have a Peter Good b. 1811, Macroom. Married Alice Good and immigrated to Tasmania in 1838. There is a possibility that his parents were William & Rebecca Good of Ahinagh.
Peter had the following brothers and sisters (confirmed); Samuel (1824-1858), school master at Pembrokeshire; Francis (1802-1861), Governor Smithfield Prison; Catherine (Kate) (1830-1907) governess, unmarried; Rebecca (1817), unknown and possibly James b. 1816 who also immigrated to Tasmania but I not sure if he is related to Peter or Alice.
They were all educated and William (their father) may have been a Customs Officer/Clerk.
James Good m. Mary Anne Saunders and their 4 children were born in Ireland - Susannah 1842, Matilda 1850, Rebecca Banfield 1851 & Samuel Saunders in 1854.
Peter Good's children were William b. 1834 and Mary 1837 in Ireland; and then John, Catherine, Alice, Samuel, Peter & Rachael in Tasmania.
Do any of these names ring any bells with you?

Also, I have another mystery man - John Whelply Lindsay born c. 1804 who married Anne Splaine (dau of Richard esq) at Templemartin, Bandon in 1835. He went on to become Rev. J W Lindsay and ended up in Tasmania.  I had always wondered if the Linsday/Splaine family had known the Good family prior to Tasmania.

Samuel Good , son of Peter married Eliza Lindsay, dau of JW in 1870.

They were my 2x great grand parents.

Regards, Maree

Offline dal riada

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 25 January 23 00:19 GMT (UK) »
I am interested in the Maryville, Blackrock mentioned here. Does it refer to Blackrock in Cork or in Dublin?  I am looking for the dates that Euphemia Ferrier lived in Maryville, Blackrock, Co. Dublin. Thanks