Author Topic: 1830 census look up please, name = Price  (Read 5344 times)

Offline 111den111

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1830 census look up please, name = Price
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 November 09 13:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie,

Oh no now I am very confused!  Your 1851 census sounds like the same people I have for the 1841 as Stafford Street is not far from Warren Street.  One the 1841 census I have there is also a Mary living with them, but a Mary Penfield whos working as a servant but aged 20.  But like you have suggested it would make him too young to have the children.  Do you think the census could of got the dates wrong? Or am I looking at the completely wrong people? hmmm  ???

Thank you again

(I think we are getting closer!)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 November 09 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Perhaps if you post on here what you know about Thomas and Ann's children, I assume it is William you are tracking - where is he in 1851, who/when did he marry, could you please give us census details.

Maybe then we can track back  ???

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline 111den111

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 November 09 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Ok for William Price I have so far that he was born on the 12 may 1797 at Walton on the Hill, Lancashire.  I got this from freeBMD, and that he was baptized on 11 June 1797 at Walton on the Hill.  I have him in the 1841 census aged 44  living with an Ann price aged 40 and daughter Mary Price aged 9.  They are living in School House, Maghull and he is working as an agricultural labourer. 

In 1851  I have him living at Chapel Road, Maghull.  Working as a farm labourer and living with wife Ann Price, and children Henry (31), William (29) and Thomas (21).. no sign of Mary.

In 1861 I have him on the census living at 7 school Lane, Maghull.  He is 63 and just living with wife Ann aged 66.

I then think he died before 1866 as I have the wedding certificate for his son William in 1866 and he is listed as deceased.   

I hope this is all helpfull.  I am hoping I have the correct details for William!

Thank you very much again

Denise

Offline 111den111

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 November 09 17:43 GMT (UK) »
oh unfortunetly I dont have wedding details about who William Price married, I only know that she is called Ann from census detail!

Thanks

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 29 November 09 11:47 GMT (UK) »
In 1841 I presume it is your William living at School House, Maghull with  Ann and Mary also a Henry Woods - unfortunately 1841 doesn't give relationships but Henry Woods could be a relation, maybe Anns brother.  ???

There is a marriage on the igi for a William Price and Ann Woods 28th March 1818 at St James, Liverpool.

Pure speculation, but worth consideration.

I see William and Thomas are also in Maghull but with the Sephton family

I think you have the correct baptism for William as he does give his place of birth as Walton on the Hill so it's definately Thomas and Ann's marriage you are after c1793. I can't find them in Lancashire in 1841 though  ::)

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk