Author Topic: Glazbrook  (Read 3524 times)

Offline ckearnes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Glazbrook
« on: Monday 30 November 09 10:46 GMT (UK) »
HI all,

I'm having some huge difficulties with information in regards to a Henry Glazbrook, born in 1839 in Calcutta India. The information I have so far is as follows:
Henry's parents according to familysearch.org were Henry Glazbrook and Mary Moore.
I have a copy of his English marriage cert to Emma Jane Boulton in 1864 which has his father as Henry Glazbrook, but there is no mother recorded.
Emma Jane departed England in 1887 on ship 'Oroya' with the children, no Henry though.
I have a death cert for a Henry Glazbrook in 1889, I can not deny or confirm that it is the same Henry, there is a good chance.
Emma Jane and children are on the Aus Electoral rolls in Victoria.

I cannot find any information regarding his parents other then what is on the cert, when I search for them I come up blank. Henry seems to be also hard to find in except for the certs I have and the basic info I find on the net.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Char

Offline Barbara F

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Glazbrook
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 November 09 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Char

There is a more detailed record of Henry's baptism here which may help.

http://indiafamily.bl.uk/UI/FullDisplay.aspx?RecordId=014-000106125

The India Office search site is very good as is FIBIS for researching people with connections to India.

http://www.fibis.org/

Do you have Henry in any UK censuses?

Barbara
Joy, Larkin, Twort, Baker, Whibley - Brenchley and Horsmonden area Kent
Fewell and Speller - Essex and London
Headington and Bateman - London
Feltwell - Norfolk and London
Lewin - India and NZ
Evan-Thomas - Wales and London
Purser and Cook - Hunts

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ckearnes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 November 09 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thanks for your reply. I have the baptism record from FIBIS, same info that's on family search. He is present on the 1871 England Census with his family, but can't find him on the 1861 or 1881 census. Thanks

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 December 09 07:21 GMT (UK) »
I might be totally off track here but could Mary Moore be a Plummer?
Although down as C Glazbrook it could be mistranscribed;
Marriage:
C GLAZBRROOK
Mary Moore PLUMMER
18 July 1838
At Calcutta

Also in the Biography Section Henry Glasbrook posted a bond in 1819. He is described as a Gentleman of Dulwich, Surrey.
This would be probably Henry Snr.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 December 09 07:41 GMT (UK) »
Although down as married in 1881 Census Emma has had no more children since Amy in 1870 and also she has an occupation which seems to me that Henry has been gone for a long time :o
Has he died or deserted her ?
You have quite a problem on your hands.

What are the details on the 1889 Death Cert you have? I see it has him down as age 44.

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline ckearnes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 01 December 09 07:55 GMT (UK) »
They had 3 children before Amy. Maud, Fanny and Henry/Harry. The details on the cert are Henry Glazbrook died on the 25th April 1889 at 16 City Rd, Bristol. 44 years of age, cause of death was Tuberculosis. Informant was Emma Robbins who was present at the death.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 01 December 09 07:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.
Have you seen the Oxford Alumni records for sons Henry/Robert of Henry Glazbrook of Calcutta?

Offline ckearnes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 01 December 09 08:03 GMT (UK) »
I don't think I have. I know there is another henry Glazbrook floating around at the same time and is related to Charles Glazbrook who I think may be another line. But who knows, any new info would be great to try and sort it out.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 01 December 09 08:14 GMT (UK) »
GLAZBROOK, Henry, 2s Henry, Calcutta, arm., Worcester Coll., matr 3 Dec 1835, aged 17

GLAZBROOK, Robert,1s Henry, Calcutta, gent, Queens College, matr. 29 Oct 1835, age 19, bar.-at-law Inner Temple 1845