Author Topic: JAMAICA:- Elizabeth Fullerton - COMPLETED Thankyou  (Read 4133 times)

Offline chris.foote

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JAMAICA:- Elizabeth Fullerton - COMPLETED Thankyou
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 25 August 20 21:26 BST (UK) »
Chris,
Did you know that your can send a Personal Message on this site directly to annamaywong.
I see from her records that she was last posting here in 2019.
Let us know if you need further help with your interesting research and how you get on.
I do know that Jamaican research can be hard work!
Have you started your own research for her and her family on a Public Tree yourself?

Mark

Something you may be able to help me with: I'm trying to establish whether Elizabeth Fullerton was mixed race. I believe her father was a British slave owner and her mother - whose name I do not know - was his servant. Would Elizabeth's ethnicity have been recorded on any official documents?

Offline markheal

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 26 August 20 00:49 BST (UK) »
Chris,
Have you followed all the posts of  annamaywong or made contact with her?  She appears to be a descendant of Elizabeth FULLERTON.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=513142.msg3695726#msg3695726

Which of the Jamaican Slave ownership listings are you familiar with? Slave/Mullato/Quadroon/Creole terms are often used. 
May I view your research on a public tree please so as to avoid duplicating detail that you are already  know well.

There are at least six Ancestry trees for the MOLLISON families, some posted by living descendants.  Family stories for your Elizabeth FULLERTON may have trickled down and even possibly with photos!
One of her British born sons spent some time in Jamaica [perhap visiting relatives] before settling in Australia. 
Mark

ANSTRUTHER,Worldwide
BENNETT,
BRETT, Sligo
CARNEGIE,
CROCKFORD, Hampshire.
ELLIOT,
GAUNTLETT, Worldwide
HEAL, HEALE, HELE, Chew Magna, Somerset
HENRY, Sligo
MABEY, Dorset
O'HANLON
POPE, London docklands,
STANDERWICK, Somerset,
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 August 20 10:23 BST (UK) »
Chris this member was last online in April of this year, when you reply to a topic (like you have done) they will be notified by email notification of your replies, hopefully she will reply soon.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk