Author Topic: Ranulph FITZALAN - Fact or Fiction?  (Read 29150 times)

Offline strathbrook

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ranulph FITZALAN - Fact or Fiction?
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 08:02 BST (UK) »
Have set up my Shop mate address, so can now start looking for latest Edition of Royal Ancestry. Cheers.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 09:02 BST (UK) »
Good  luck. I hope it is hassle free.

Let is know how you get on?  :)

Offline strathbrook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 16 October 16 06:13 BST (UK) »
HI, just searching Royal Ancestry, found a page which has 1,2,3,4,5 available. Does not really specifiy if the 5 are all Royal Ancestry. Says Volumes, paperback, used for $1,000. I would also like to get Magna Carta, but not sure  if I should, if Royal Ancestry covers it all. Should I be looking for just the last Volume of Royal Ancestry? Thank you. Marilyn

Offline strathbrook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 22:56 GMT (UK) »
This week I finally received my Five Volumes of Royal Ancestry. Purchasing directly from Douglas Richardson, posted to Australia, no problems. Amazed at the concise detailed work put into this publication. Excellent. Volume III has the information I was looking for, the elusive Ralph, Ranulph, Radulphus Fitzalan? de Arundel?  The information given is excellent even though still not giving an exact answer, but in my mind, the collected information (especially the "Arms", if that is the correct word that Ralph represented). I do not believe this Ralph is a figment of imagination and pops up in many writings, with some variations as to authenticity. Hundreds of years ago things were very different with illegitimate children. Such children from Nobility, if I can use that word, were always given some sort of recognition and family connection, albeit, vague.  Not only does this written work give me the information on the elusive Ralph, but so many other family names not connected with Ralph. Am far from experienced with genealogy, but I give it my best go, and don't let go until I find what I am looking for. These volumes are so easy to look up and find the persons mentioned. Will be taking a prime position in my family book case. In my family the story of a clandestine affair by a person of authority with a kitchen maid has always been there. Most likely with some elaboration. Happy Hunting.  Would love to hear some comments from others who have this 2013 Edition by Douglas Richardson.