Author Topic: BYATT-SKIPP Marriage - HALs  (Read 17564 times)

Offline linmar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BYATT-SKIPP Marriage - HALs
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 25 March 12 20:24 BST (UK) »
hi Iris...your info seems to be as up to date as mine, but I will check and see if there is anything in my book that would be of interest to you. Regarding the PRESLAND families..... My grandfather ,HENRY Shambrook HILLS,married LIZZIE PRESLAND from Clothall. They were 1st cousins. My grandfathers parents were Frederick and Charlotte Hills.  Frederick's sister Sarah, married Edward Presland. They lived at Clothall,but earlier members of the Presland family live in Ranters row. I may be a connection to your family..you never know! They all stayed fairly close knit.If you think the lady is any connection to my family ,please let me know.

Offline john hills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 26 March 12 23:12 BST (UK) »
Hi..
Yes. I have Edward ( b. 1838) and Sarah Presland (b. 1839) She came from Sandon and he was from Clothall.
I am looking at the 1881 census which had Frederick and Charles Hills and the family living at Layfield Cottages.
It's great to see your  Hills - Shambrook connection as my favourite census is 1861 that has all the families living in Ranters Row.
Shambrook - Hills - Foster - Barnes - Geaves and South.
Could you let me have the Shambrook Hills details? Henry is using Shambrook as a middle name. I guess it is the maternal surname somewhere.
Is it possible to buy a copy of your book?
I had a reply from Jackie regarding Presland. She has not researched that line as her husband is not interested in his family tree.
Kind regards
Iris
Regards
Iris

Offline linmar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 29 March 12 17:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Iris/John....my Grandfather Henry was given the middle name Shambrook, taken from his mother's maiden name.  For many years,when I was young,  I used to get confused when my mum would tell me about the family.  I got so muddled as there are a fair few Hills' floating around!  In regard to my book..it is not a published book,  just a big book I have put together myself, instead of doing a tree.  It contains all the info on the HILLS. .SHAMBROOK.and PRESLAND families.  As I mentioned before, my grandma and grandad were 1st cousins. Every time I get a new bit of information, I add it to my book. I have an old copy of a photo of Charlotte and Frederick Hills. I only recently acquired it from a cousin (a Hills!),and I had never seen pictures of them before. They were not how I imagined! Strange isnt it...you picture someone in your mind,and they turn out different.   You are welcome  to look at my book any time,but I would have to bring it to you, as its all handwritten.  Is there a way we can swap addresses on this site? let me know  Linda

Offline john hills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 30 March 12 19:44 BST (UK) »
Hi...
I would love to see your book and any photos.
Email me at (*)
Kindest regards
Iris

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php