Author Topic: Jane Harrison Dawson  (Read 6435 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Harrison Dawson
« Reply #27 on: Monday 07 December 09 11:07 GMT (UK) »
How wonderfull for her :)

Have a lovely Christmas,
Cheers,
Trish
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Mutly001

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 21 May 21 12:56 BST (UK) »

Staceyk84

Bit of a long shot seeing as it's over 11yrs since this post was active, but if you get to see this can you reply please.

Offline staceyk84

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 21 May 21 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Mutly, it certainly has been a long time since this was posted.

For those reading this I have since had DNA done via Ancestry which has confirmed my connection to Jane & Jesse.

Stacey
Riley of Connacht and Salford. 

Patton/Lockett/Farran/Taylor of Salford/Manchester. 

Love/Hamilton of Armagh/Salford.

Marshall/Dobinson/(Ledger)Martin/Dawson/Robson/Reed/Harrison/Cock/Wilkinson/Mackay of Northumberland & Durham(Seaton Delavel, Hartley, Monkseaton, N&S.Shields)

Crossland/Ives/Dyson of Ashton/Stalybridge/Yorkshire.

Leigh of Heyrod.  Laughlan of Ireland.  Crawford of Scotland, Canada and Ashton Under Lyne/Kent.

Offline Mutly001

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 21 May 21 18:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Stacey

I saw 2 or 3 of your posts about your family from Seaton Sluice/Old Hartley about 4 yrs ago, at the same time had a family issue and never got around to posting on here, so apologies for that.
My mother is Alex Marshall's daughter, nearly 90, but still going strong.
Your grandfather Gordon and his brother Colin were her cousins, and Jane (always got Janey, pronounced Jenny) and Melvin (you mentioned on here as Robert M, was always Melvin, sometimes got Bob when he worked in the shipyards at Blyth) were her aunt and uncle, they lived 3 doors apart.
I've got some photos and information you may be interested in.

Simon

Offline staceyk84

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 21 May 21 18:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Stacey

I saw 2 or 3 of your posts about your family from Seaton Sluice/Old Hartley about 4 yrs ago, at the same time had a family issue and never got around to posting on here, so apologies for that.
My mother is Alex Marshall's daughter, nearly 90, but still going strong.
Your grandfather Gordon and his brother Colin were her cousins, and Jane (always got Janey, pronounced Jenny) and Melvin (you mentioned on here as Robert M, was always Melvin, sometimes got Bob when he worked in the shipyards at Blyth) were her aunt and uncle, they lived 3 doors apart.
I've got some photos and information you may be interested in.

Simon

Oh that would be lovely!

Yes my Great Grandad was known as Melvin  :) my Mum had no idea he was called Robert and Jane was Jenny as you say. I do have a photo of Jenny but none of the others.

It would be lovely to talk to you more and see the photos. I believe there is a way to message each other on here to exchange email addresses so I will see how to do that now.

Stacey.

Marshall/Dobinson/(Ledger)Martin/Dawson/Robson/Reed/Harrison/Cock/Wilkinson/Mackay of Northumberland & Durham(Seaton Delavel, Hartley, Monkseaton, N&S.Shields)

Leigh of Heyrod.  Laughlan of Ireland.  Crawford of Scotland, Canada and Ashton Under Lyne/Kent.

Offline Mutly001

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 21 May 21 18:55 BST (UK) »
Not sure how to upload photos on here  but email address via PM is fine.
Got a nice one of Jesse and Elisabeth Isabella Dawson with my grandfather and is eldest brother Will, also one of George Reed Marshall.

Simon

Offline staceyk84

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 21 May 21 18:57 BST (UK) »
Not sure how to upload photos on here  but email address via PM is fine.
Got a nice one of Jesse and Elisabeth Isabella Dawson with my grandfather and is eldest brother Will, also one of George Reed Marshall.

That would be lovely! I have sent you a message with my email address  :)

I've spent many years researching the names so seeing faces will be amazing. I look like my Grandad Gordon too so may see some of myself in his ancestors 🙂

Simon