Author Topic: STANLEY GREY MARRIAGE  (Read 3402 times)

Offline springtime 60

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
STANLEY GREY MARRIAGE
« on: Saturday 05 December 09 17:48 GMT (UK) »
this is all i know of this marriage of my ggg grandparents .john stanley married a grey from roscommon about late 1830 to 1840s a marriage in ireland i would think i am hoping for too much in finding a record of this marriage. who knows it may be possible. john stanley had a daughter mary from newbridge county kildare i have found her marriage in England

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: STANLEY GREY MARRIAGE
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 December 09 18:00 GMT (UK) »
since the Stanley Grey marriage you are looking for is before full civil registration started you will need to research parish records to try to find any details (full BMD civil registration started here in 1864, non Catholic marriages were recorded from 1845)

do you know what religion they were, or which  parish (or town/townland) they were married in ?

There are some Co. Roscommon parish records available on rhe Irish Family History Foundation pay-website at www.irish-roots.ie

Paper & microfilm records are available in the National Library (RC) and the Representative Church Body Library (CofI).

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline springtime 60

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 December 09 18:03 GMT (UK) »
a catholic marriage im sure i know its very brief knowledge and im asking the impossible

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 December 09 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Co. Roscommon RC Parishes from the Irish Times

The individual parishes on the map link to details on the surviving records and their location.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline springtime 60

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 December 09 18:36 GMT (UK) »
thankyou i will search the sites you suggest
                       ann