Author Topic: Marriage c1827 Hastings  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Paul J Ballard

• RootsChat Member
  • www.paul-ballard.com for UK Ballard Genealogy
    • View Profile
Marriage c1827 Hastings
« on: Saturday 12 March 05 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Could someone please do a lookup for me.

Trying to find the marriage of John Mann Stonham to Constant (or Constance) surname unknown but possibly Cloke. John Stonham was baptised 3 March 1802 at All Saints, Hastings and was a fisherman. Constant was born between 1800 and 1810.

Any help much appreciated.

Paul
Ballard in UK all locations and dates.
Other lines of interest - Wills, Bishop, Samuels, Dunnell, Easey, Wes(t)comb(e), Richarson, Jarvis, Mathews, Stoneham, Jarvis, Ingram, Edwards, Catt, Moore, Lintott, Tee, Lee, Phillips, Davies, Drew, and a few more!

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage c1827 Hastings
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 March 05 06:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul,
You were right on track, here it is,

Pett, East Sussex, 
  9 Jun 1827
John STONEHAM
 Constance CLOKE

Jane

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.

Offline Paul J Ballard

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 March 05 08:02 GMT (UK) »
Jane,

Thank you VERY much. That is spot on. They had a son George Cloke Stonham so the maiden name is really pretty conclusive that its the right couple.

Paul   ;D ;D
Other lines of interest - Wills, Bishop, Samuels, Dunnell, Easey, Wes(t)comb(e), Richarson, Jarvis, Mathews, Stoneham, Jarvis, Ingram, Edwards, Catt, Moore, Lintott, Tee, Lee, Phillips, Davies, Drew, and a few more!

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 March 05 09:39 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome, Paul.
Is that an Arabic Kaffir I see you wearing in your piccie?

Jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.

Offline Paul J Ballard

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 March 05 09:58 GMT (UK) »
Indeed it is. Very comfortable and helps to keep the rain from dripping down my neck whilst fishing in Ireland  ;D Tends to confuse the locals though  ;)

Offline Jimp

• RootsChat Extra
  • " Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 20 March 05 12:43 GMT (UK) »
I have also been following up John and Constant Stonham. My interest is through the son George Cloke Stonham and his daughter Emily and my fathers' side of my family.
John Stonham seems to have died between the baptism of  the son Abraham Stoneham 4.06.1839 -  John & Constant- and the last child Constant Stoneham 19.08.1840 -    Constant (Widow ) - although I have not found any reference to his death.
Constant and her family were in Hastings Union Workhouse, Ore in 1841.
Constant married James Peters a Widower, Fisherman, residence as St. Clements, Hastings and his father dead. 2nd Dec. 1846.  The marriage certificate establishes her maiden name as Cloke and fathers name as John Cloke. From census information she was born in 1810- 1811
And in 1881 she was again a widow living with her son George Cloke Stonham at  2 Trafalgar Cott, Hastings.   

Jim Pearson
Pearson, Atherton, Joys,Webster, Cooling, Milner, Crowther, Bonsell, Taylor, and  a lot more

Offline Paul J Ballard

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 20 March 05 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim,

My interest is also through George Cloke Stonham who was my Gt Gt Grandfather and his daughter Mary who married William Albert Ballard.

John Stonham, I believe, was buried 25 Feb 1836 at All Saints and neither Abraham nor Constant were his children? I have a copy of the All Saints & St Clement's parish register transcripts from which much of my data was taken.

I have more on the Stonhams and also the Mathews (Caroline wife of George Cloke) - send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you more.

Paul