Author Topic: Clossick's in Kilbeagh  (Read 9931 times)

Offline kperkins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Clossick's in Kilbeagh
« on: Sunday 13 March 05 03:46 GMT (UK) »
I hope that someone might be able to help me in my quest!  I am trying to find where in Kilbeagh that Margaret Clossick/Classick was from.  We know she came to the United States when she was 17 along with, Mary Classick 50, Michael Classick 9, Mary Classick 6, Thomas infant. They all came on the Cambridge on May 17th 1850.  She would later marry a Francis Perkins who also was from Ireland.  Family legend says they met on the boat on the way over.  He was supposed to be from County Cork but  I can not find him there.  Is there a way to check if any Perkins were from the area near Kilbeagh?  Thank you in advance for any help.

Kevin

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Clossick's in Kilbeagh
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 September 05 08:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Padhraicin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 September 06 14:18 BST (UK) »
Kilbeagh is the old name for the parish of Charlestown, Co. Mayo.

Offline Mayomom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 March 08 04:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

My husbands mom is from Kilbeagh Parish. I went on to the Lietrim Roscommon 1901 Census website and looked up your family. Clossick and Closick are found in Kilbeagh Parish it is a big parrish but depending what homeplace they were from they could have known each other. Hope this helps I know it has been a few years since you were on this site. Look up the census online.

Offline kperkins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 30 November 08 02:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for all of your replies!  Had lost track of this site and it has been so long that I have heard nothing.  It would seem that my Irish roots have disappeared in the mist of time.  Will check out the census if I can find it on the net.  Again thanks for all of your ideas!

Offline leprechaun

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 30 November 08 10:58 GMT (UK) »
In case you could not find it. The site is.
           www.leitrim-roscommon.com 

Offline davidurk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 18 January 09 00:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi

in my tree I have the Ruanes and Phillips and Walsh  from Lowpark Roscommon then Mayo 1860's.

I am trying to find James Clossick married to Mary (Maimie) Ruane from Lowpark Carracastle Mayo. She was married previously to Thomas Coleman but that could have been the 2nd marriage. Clossicks went to USA I think because they had a son Sonny born 1910 ish,  who died 1994 in missouri usa. does anyone know anything about these 3 people? I am having great difficulty finding anything out about any of them!
please anyone can you help?

Karen

Offline LindaRO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 18 July 09 18:07 BST (UK) »
We have communicated before about the Clossicks and Rooneys who were in Liberty (Union Co) Indiana about 1850.  I recently visited Ireland and went to Charlestown which is where you find the old Kilbeagh Parish.  Information I have points to this parish and to the townlands of Lurga & Kilgarriff specifically for my family.  Since this posting of yours is very old, you may have already figured these things out, but just in case - Look at this link:  http://www.failteromhat.com/post1845.php
for the name Clossick in Kilbeagh Parish, County Mayo.
And look on this site http://www.leitrim-roscommon.com/cgi-bin/newcen-srch
for the name Clossick in Kilbeagh Parish, County Mayo.
Hope this helps.
Linda

Offline kperkins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 15 August 09 14:40 BST (UK) »
Dear Linda:

Thanks for the tip!  Glad you could make it over there as I envy you for that!  I along with Patricia Perkins did find where they became citizens of the United States in Liberty, Indiana court records both Francis Perkins and his brother John Perkins came to the US in 1847 and left county Sligo to come to New York.  Since the counties are very close to each other we may be narrowing in on the search.  If you found yours there as well it makes it all the more likely they are from this area.  We are still trying and hope to find something soon.
Kevin