Author Topic: Moogaloos Scavenger Hunt Part 2... Everyone Welcome To Join In  (Read 20979 times)

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Moogaloos Scavenger Hunt Part 2... Everyone Welcome To Join In
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Births Jun 1904   
Young  Female    Salisbury  5a 161   

Births Dec 1904 
YOUNG  Female     Sunderland  10a 700   

Births Mar 1905   
Young  Female     Kendal  10b 779

i specifically searched Q2 1904 - Q4 1905

and deaths
Deaths Jun 1904   
Young  Female  0  Newcastle T.  10b 69   

Deaths Dec 1904   Young  Female  0  Sunderland  10a 398   

Deaths Mar 1905
Young  Female  0  Kendal  10b 511

same period

sometimes the death was registerd before the birth was registered  as you had 5 days to register a death but 42 days to regsiter a birth

so the Salisbury one is unaccounted for

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 11:25 GMT (UK) »
obviously assuming Joanna was registred under Young or Wheeler and was born when her death cert states:

Deaths Dec 1904   
Wheeler  Female  0  Southampton  2c 19   

Births Mar 1905   
Wheeler  Female     Camberwell  1d 979   
Deaths Mar 1905 
Wheeler  Female  0  Camberwell  1d 336   

Births Jun 1905   
Wheeler  Female     Malmesbury  5a 61   
Deaths Jun 1905   
Wheeler  Female  0  Malmesbury  5a 27   

Deaths Sep 1905   
Wheeler  Female  0  Southampton  2c 16   

Births Dec 1905   
Wheeler  Female     W. Ham  4a 436   
Deaths Dec 1905 
Wheeler  Female  0  W. Ham  4a 203

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 11:39 GMT (UK) »
I've checked out the Emily Wheeler dobfarm found - by 1901 she may have  married a William Barney, Eliza (still married but no sign of Edward) and several Wheeler children are living with them in Paddington but sadly no Winifred or Margaret Barney :( Can't see the marriage at the moment.

Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 11:46 GMT (UK) »
i wonder if the News of the World have an archive you could search, it wil take a long time for them to search through every appeal made in the 1970's if they had one every week 520 maybe they had more than one.

Offline moogaloo

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Moog I don't think the age on death was far out but as I have said before ages on death certificates are only as good as the informant knows at the time.
The information on the army records was given by Charles himself so unless he was deliberatly lying in 1914 that age should be accurate.

Hi Jaywit.  Yeah I know that chuck, but all I meant was, given the ages of his children as we know them.  Even if there had been others born after or before my dad and Joanna and Ellen, then it's likely he was in his sixties, so the age, if out at all wouldn't have been that far out.  Thank you for all your hard work too chuck.  Sorry I've not been on yesterday as I've not been very well.  I really do appreciate everyone's input and hard work.  You've all been absolutely fantastic.  This is a great site too.  Thanks again Jaywit.  I'll have a look at that link you've left about Charles not being considered to become a good reservist in the army.  God bless you all.  Mary x x
paternal - Young, Wheeler

maternal - Looney, Burns, Hartley.

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 15:10 GMT (UK) »
men can father children right up to when they die - so when he had children has no bearing on this search except for searching for Emily

what are your thoughts on Richard Youngs death?

Offline moogaloo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Toni

I didn't real want to get too involed with this Thread!(Though I'm in Yorkshire Liverpool is a little out of my range for archives and libraries) but its seems to be getting to the limits of census and online info.

I follow your line of thinking! There could be a Will of Richard Young and Edward Wheeler also Charles Young 1937.  With so limited info pre 1914 back to 1902/ its the pre life of Emily either with another chap or with Charles but was Emily using the other chaps name and everted to her own at marriage to Charles or was they abroad in the USA. School records are a must!

I'll see what I can dig up in the new year!

Hi there.  Only just read your post.  Not been on yesterday as I've not been too well, but I'd like to thank you for your offer of help in the new year..  Everyone on here has been so fantastic.  Thank you again.  God bless.  Mary x x

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary,

The north/south link Liverpool/Salford and Wheelers London(ish) and if this link can found! That will give positives Names and areas to work! this will get us out of base camp one. I think. I do pre 1837 stuff normaly so I'm well use to looking for fine threads but mid census years there should be loads of positive info some where. Someone will find it.

Dave (Dobby)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline moogaloo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 19:15 GMT (UK) »
i wonder if the News of the World have an archive you could search, it wil take a long time for them to search through every appeal made in the 1970's if they had one every week 520 maybe they had more than one.

I've sent an email to the News of the World Archives asking if it's possible to trace an advert or article that was put in nearly thirty years or so ago.  They have replied saying they will get back to me and if I have any more details that I want to add, to send them to them.  I just outlined that it was a family named Wheeler who placed and ad looking for their relatives and that my aunt Joanna Lawless answered the add.  Here's hoping hey?  x x