Author Topic: Moogaloos Scavenger Hunt Part 2... Everyone Welcome To Join In  (Read 20999 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Moogaloos Scavenger Hunt Part 2... Everyone Welcome To Join In
« Reply #216 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary

Fingers crossed. :D  Family info being its not that far back to still have  or scope to still have them 1900's.

Good Luck <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Hope  ;)

Dave  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi ALL

From Mary's Post I've put some queries in bold brackets

Quote;-

Hi Liz. No, sorry, I don't have access to the 1911 census. I just typed a very lengthy reply and it's just disappeared on me, so I'll have to start again. I know there were surviving siblings apart from my father's twin, but apart from my two aunts who came to Salford with my father in the 1920s with Charles Young I have no clue even as to the names of the other sisters. I believe there were 8 girls in all, my father being the only male of the family, so there is no male line to follow apart from my dad and Charles Young. My aunt Joanna was born August 1904(don't know where, My aunt Ellen born 1902, again don't know where. I do know my aunt answered an advertising article in the News of the World, I think in the 1970s placed by Wheelers looking for their relatives and I think she went down to London to meet them, but I get the impression that they thought they were better than their Salford relatives. My aunt wasn't impressed by them. I don't know if she learned anything about her sisters though apart from that they were Wheelers,{They could be from Emily Wheeler brothers!?) so that makes me think that perhaps my father and his twin and my two aunts may be the only children of both Charles and Emily.(ONLY CHILDREN) I could of course be wrong about this. I've searched for my aunts Joanna and Ellen's births but with no luck. I'm beginning to think that Emily just didn't want to know the rest of her family, for whatever reason. I do know that she was never talked about, but my aunt Joanna always talked about her father being a very upright military man.(Puzzles me this-ie Posted Ireland maybe as Liverpool ferry)) I think Emily cheated on Charles whilst he was in the army and that's why the marriage ended. The only addresses I know of where they both were are 21 Holly Street, Liverpool in 1914(TEMP !!LIVERPOOL>Boarding House) and 38 Avon Street, Bath in 1909. x x (Permanent or Temp army lodgings? address)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 20:43 GMT (UK) »
The Bath address was a boarding house as well, I think.
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 21:04 GMT (UK) »
so they didnt seem to have a permanant address suggests travellers obviously, army man in barracks children and wife not recognised or immigrants or simply they couldnt afford to buy a house
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 21:09 GMT (UK) »
I think by 1908 Charles was travelling around the country working as a Slater on building sites.
Now some of the men that did this had a 'wife' in every port so to speak. (Ask PaulaToo about that)
So he hooked up with Emma either in Bath or somewhere in the south of England, but why we can't find them before or after until 1914 is still a mystery
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 21:13 GMT (UK) »
if Charles was a journeyman slater then we wont find a permanant address for him not even in the directories
because evidence would suggest he took lodgings however he may well have taken insurance for his belongings and thus you should look out insurance records in addition to Joanne and sydneys school records
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

Offline moogaloo

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 21:16 GMT (UK) »
if Charles was a journeyman slater then we wont find a permanant address for him not even in the directories
because evidence would suggest he took lodgings however he may well have taken insurance for his belongings and thus you should look out insurance records in addition to Joanne and sydneys school records

The snag here is that we don't know where they were so it's impossible to find which schools they went to.  How do you look out insurance records?  x x
paternal - Young, Wheeler

maternal - Looney, Burns, Hartley.

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 21:24 GMT (UK) »
we know they were in the Walcot area of Bath in 1909 if Joanna was born in 1904 she would have been 5 and old enough to attend school, also the parent would have been put on notice to have Sydney and Dorothy vaccnated against smallpox - these records would be held at the Local RO,
in 1914 again we know they were in Holly Street Liverpool and by then Sydney was old enough to attend school - so find the nearest school to Holly Street.

Offline moogaloo

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: Tuesday 22 December 09 21:32 GMT (UK) »
we know they were in the Walcot area of Bath in 1909 if Joanna was born in 1904 she would have been 5 and old enough to attend school, also the parent would have been put on notice to have Sydney and Dorothy vaccnated against smallpox - these records would be held at the Local RO,
in 1914 again we know they were in Holly Street Liverpool and by then Sydney was old enough to attend school - so find the nearest school to Holly Street.

As you can probably tell, my head is not working today toni.  How do I check the school records.  And aren't vaccinations classed as medical records?  I'm not very good at this, which is probably why I've got nowhere with my search.  Is this classified information or open to the public?
paternal - Young, Wheeler

maternal - Looney, Burns, Hartley.