Author Topic: DAVYS Victorian FAMILY ALBUM now sold  (Read 7509 times)

Offline Daisychain1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DAVYS Victorian FAMILY ALBUM now sold
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 April 17 18:21 BST (UK) »
Ah,
Thank-you for getting back in touch Josh.
Very disappointing that's happened.
Could you kindly give me the buyers email address
so I could pursue any other avenues.
And was the buyer from the UK?
Thanks.

Offline Josh P

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 April 17 18:56 BST (UK) »
Sarah, I have applied to Paypal to see whether they keep old statements as they provide nothing older than 12 months online.  I'll let you know their reply.
The album was originally bought from a junk stall in Hailsham, Sussex, in the 1970s by an elderly friend of mine.  It was she who asked me to sell it with other items as she was trying to raise extra cash to pay her bills.  I posted it on here first just in case there was a family link, kept it for some months, then sold it online to a photographic collector.
I'm now doubting the email address I have in my online address book is for the buyer, so am hoping Paypal will reposed positively.  Hope for news soon.

Offline Gary Barnett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 26 November 19 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am researching a family named Pitts who lived in the Peterborough Minster precincts in the mid-19th century. The head of the household, Charles Pitts, was described as a servant and on one occasion, while resident in the precincts as a footman. I suspect Charles may have been employed by a senior cleric in Peterborough, possibly the Bishop himself.

In 1860 or 1861, one of Charles’ daughters moved to Leicester where she married a carpenter named Joseph Kinsey.

I’m intrigued by the possibility that at some point Alice may have been employed as a servant in the household of Edmund Davys and may be one of the servants in the photo mentioned above.

Offline Gary Barnett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 31 August 20 11:38 BST (UK) »
I know of only one photo of Alice Pitts, a post-mortem image taken in 1889. There are definite similarities between the woman in that photo and the girl, 20-something years younger, standing 2nd left in the photo above.

If anyone has any information about the group photo, I would be grateful to receive it.

Gary