Author Topic: Urgent help please for one of our chatters  (Read 17948 times)

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Urgent help please for one of our chatters
« on: Sunday 27 December 09 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

The URGENCY is,  Chelle was given the news on Wednesday night 23rd Dec that her mother only has days to live.... Her mother always said she wanted to be buried with her father,  and its Chelle's dream to do so,   time is running out,  and Chelle is run off her feet,  so was HOPING we could all search / phone around,  see what we can do to help her find her grandads grave

We are trying to find the grave of Harry Victor Green b 1906   d 1965   he was buried in, in Watford   his wife who's name could be one the grave stone is Gladys Irene and possibly mums name Maureen . They lived in Vicarage  Road.

I have linked the other post,  done by Chelle 71 a while back,   

Thanks all   

Daizi

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,320248.0.html
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Urgent help please for one of our chatters
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 December 09 11:49 GMT (UK) »
This is the death,  so he may have been buried / cremated in Harrow, 

Harry V Green died 1965 reported age 58.  Death registered in Harrow, ref 5f 466

Am only guessing,  as i am in OZ  and dont know the area

Daizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 December 09 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm sorry to hear Chelle's news - we had the same this time last year.

Probably the best thing would be to contact Harrow council, explain the situation and ask them if they have any record of his burial/cremation. When I did something similar with Croydon they were very helpful. The problem is I doubt whether the offices will be open until Tuesday.

Jan
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 December 09 12:06 GMT (UK) »

Thanks groom

Am hoping Tuesday isn't to late ...:(

Offline lil growler

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 December 09 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Ok , have checked Find a Grave, Ancestry trees, google, hmmmmmmm . Need Tuesday to get here.

Regards

lil
Ireland, Scotland , England, America, Australia, New Zealand

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 27 December 09 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi again

It seems there isn't a crematorium in Harrow but they use the Breakspear one in Hillingdon. I don't know if there are also graves there.

http://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/index.jsp?articleid=9794

Or when the time comes the local undertaker might be able to track it down, they are usually very good and obviously know who to ask.

I've just googled "Harrow burial records" and it appears that Harrow Council's register office maintains burial records for all cemeteries in the area. I can't get the link to work on here, so suggest you just google it and see what it says  :)

Good luck

Jan 

Offline VillageDuckpond

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 27 December 09 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Groom, I have got it....what do you want me to do with it?

Sasha
Barnett, Cousins, Flett, Foot, Foote, Fox, Graves, Grunnah, Rackstraw, Shipley, Vinter, Wasko, Wilson

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 27 December 09 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Watford Borough Council is the first place to start, since Harrow is not that far from Watford and he may have died in hospital in that registration district.

Unfortunately the council website seems to be offline at the moment but the telephone number for the North Watford Cemetery Manager is 01923 672157.  There is also a cemetery in Vicarage Road, Watford!  However, this is now closed to burials  :(

The cemetery is now full with no new grave spaces available; the only burials taking place are those in common graves (graves without owners) and the Garden of Rest.

It is unlikley that anyone will be in the offices until Tuesday.  :(

If he was cremated then it may have been the West Hertfordshire crematorium

http://www.westhertscrem.org/

However, should Chelle71 need more immediate advice on locating the grave, then perhaps the funeral director may be able to assist with their contacts.

Also the library for the local paper archives which may have the funeral notice in it.

Best wishes to Chelle at this sad time.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 27 December 09 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Can you put it on here for Craizi Daizi so she can look at it? I still dont think there is anything that can be done until Tuesday as everything will be shut for Christmas  :(

Jan