Author Topic: hughes/davis/birch/snook/rogers.  (Read 1937 times)

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
hughes/davis/birch/snook/rogers.
« on: Sunday 27 December 09 13:30 GMT (UK) »
hi.i have just recently made contact with a distant cousin in america who is connected to my robert hughes and sarah dAVIES. robert had a son called john and john married annie rogers. they lived mainly cornwall and plymouth devon.they were also connected to the snooks.particularly susannah snooks born 1866 in cornwall.now for the interesting bit there is also a james birch born 1816 or there abouts in plymouth and i am wondering if he had anytHING TO DO WITH THE ELUSIVE HENRY BIRCH BORN 1835 OT THERE ABOUTS.we know henrys mum was charlotte birch and they can be found in a lodging house in plymouth in the 1851 cencus!!!!we have up to date info on henry but not who his dad was or who charlottes mum and dad were?there were also a family of davies in plymouth connected to this family and my robert hughes and sarah!!!
an extract from an email i have recieved

My grandmother's biological parents then had three other children, which they kept.  My grandmother's sister was Mary Anne Snook, who later changed her name to Annie Rodgers.  While in her teens she married Gypsy gryengro John Hughes, the son of Robert Hughes and Sarah Davis.  John and Annie were married in Tiverton and then sailed for the United States where they continued to live the Romany lifestyle traveling in wagons up and down the Eastern regions of the U.S.  John continued as a gryengro and Annie told fortunes.  They had six sons, Robert, John, Henry, Abednigo (Ben), Leonard and Noah.  The boys were  named after John's brothers back in England.  Which of Robert Hughes and Sarah Davis
' children do you descend from?

birchs taylors penfold orchard hughes all romany gypsies in the west country

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: hughes/davis/birch/snook/rogers.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 December 09 13:31 GMT (UK) »
there was also a david daviers near by with his family.anything to do with sarah i won der
birchs taylors penfold orchard hughes all romany gypsies in the west country