Author Topic: HOUGH - George (B 1873) & Lionel W. (B 1877)  (Read 6581 times)

Offline aniph

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HOUGH - George (B 1873) & Lionel W. (B 1877)
« Reply #18 on: Monday 28 December 09 12:05 GMT (UK) »
We have white pages here

www.whitepages.com.au

Cheers
Annie
Phillips Galway>NZ
Flanagan Queens County>VIC>NZ
Bullock Bristol>Aus
Bury Shropshire>Aus
Maher Kings County>Aus
Pavletich Croatia>VIC>NZ
Delargy  Antrim & NZ

Offline davidstephen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 20 July 10 00:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Delva
I hope you receive this message because I'm a great grandson of George Hough (1873-1914) and I have a great deal of information for you. George Hough also emigrated to Australia (to Hobart in Tasmania) where he married my g grandmother Leah Thomas in 1896. They had four children, George died in 1914 of TB and the family moved to Melbourne in Victoria where I live along with many cousins and so on. George and his brother Lionel William (but who called himself William or William Lionel) were the sons of Job Hough who was killed in a muzzle-loading gun accident aboard HMS Thunderer in 1879. Job was born in Lancashire in 1845 and joined the RN in 1859. As you know he married Emma in 1871 in Dorset, where son George was born. They moved to Gosport wth the RN, and Lionel W. was born in 1877/8. We Aussies lost track of Emma after that. My late Grandmother thought she'd remarried a man called Parker, and it's only recently that I came across the Palmer connection and unfolded the rest of the story more or less as you and others have set it out in the posts. I had no idea that Albert had gone to South Africa and you must tell me more about this. I am equally baffled about Archibald's whereabouts. By the way, are you aware that an Emma Palmer 1854-1934 is buried in Perth, Western Australia? I reckon she moved out here to be with Lionel William and Kate. All the best, David.

Offline NHough

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 13 June 20 10:02 BST (UK) »
Hi All
It has been very interesting to read all of this history and to know how wide the family has spread.
We are related to William Lionel through his son Albert Edward Hough (died 1980 buried Karakatta WA). He had two children with Mavis (from South Australia) and they ended up living in Perth. Albert had three grandchildren and five great grandchildren.