Author Topic: double Henry Bell Baptisms at Aylesbury, Buckingham 1665 - 1688  (Read 5299 times)

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
double Henry Bell Baptisms at Aylesbury, Buckingham 1665 - 1688
« on: Sunday 27 December 09 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi can anyone identify which children belong to which Henry Bell as there are two Henry marriages about the same time: 

# HENRY BELL Spouse: DEBORAH CASEMORE Family
Marriage: 1664 Stoke Mandeville, Buckingham
# HENRY BELL Spouse: ANSTIS HAYWOD
Marriage: 28 MAY 1665 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham

* BELL Female Christening: 04 DEC 1665 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
      Father: HENREY BELL
    * WILLIAM BELL Christening: 17 FEB 1666 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
    * HENREY BELL Christening: 20 MAY 1666 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
    * JOHN BELL Christening: 25 OCT 1667 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
    * DOROTHY BELL Christening: 22 NOV 1668 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
    * WILLIAM BELL Christening: 29 APR 1669 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
    * ANSTIS BELL Christening: 17 JUL 1670 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
    * THOMAS BELL Christening: 07 AUG 1670 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
      Father: HENERY BELL
    * MARY BELL Christening: 12 AUG 1672 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
    * ELIZABETH BELL Christening: 28 JUN 1674 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
    * ANSTIS BELL Christening: 14 JUN 1678 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
    * JOSEPH BELL Christening: 12 MAR 1679 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
    * RICHARD BELL Christening: 17 FEB 1680 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
    * MARTHA BELL Christening: 22 FEB 1682 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
    * JOHN BELL Christening: 29 MAY 1682 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
    * ELIZBETH BELL Christening: 11 OCT 1684 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham
    * ELIZABETH BELL Christening: 23 SEP 1688 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham

Offline Bucksgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: double Henry Bell Baptisms at Aylesbury, Buckingham 1665 - 1688
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 December 09 09:44 GMT (UK) »
In the Posse Comitatus of 1798, there are two BELL's both listed as farmers living in Walton, Aylesbury.  If land is being passed down through the generations, this may mean that there should be wills.  Bucks CC have indexed all the wills they have, but they keep changing the pages on their website.  It is better to put Bucks County Council Local Studies into a search engine & follow the links to wills.

Jenny
Dundas, Angus Scotland / Earp, Staffs / Langford, London / Kipling, Hull /  Peel, Cumber / Green & Common, Northumb / Raw, Yorks / Ball, Stevens, Folly, Morrice, Montague, Beeson, Peedle, Peddle & Tucker all Bucks

Offline arabrab

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 December 09 22:26 GMT (UK) »
 This may help a little .

The following were stated as children of Henrey Bell Senior :-  Daughter born 1665, William Bell 1669, Thomas Bell 1670,

The following were stated as children of Henrey Bell:-     Elizabeth Bell 1674, Anstis Bell 1678
Richard Bell 1680, Martha Bell 1683 

All the rest are christened as children of Henrey Bell Junior + Richard son of Henry Bell Junior was christened in 1675 ( a Richard Bell son of Henrey Bell was buried in 1675)

There is a Henry Bell , Proctor  buried 1703 and a Henry Bell maltster buried 1707

Hopefully  for you, the Henry Bell who died in 1703 is the one who has a will in the Bucks Record office for 1704 .

Good hunting. It could be worse -- I was looking for a William Todd baptized in Aylesbury between 1668 and 1677-- and I found 7 of them! It took me years to find the right one--and yes, it was a will that sorted them out.

Best wishes Barbara

Bucks- Young,Neale,Wright,Ludgate,Todd,Turney,Crouch,Roberts,Hoare
Oxon Whichello,Roberts,Slatter,Kimber
Kent-Fox,Medhurst,Pearson,Wimble,French,Tilby,Bassage
Herts-Pellant,Martin,Figg,Turney
London, Scotland, Ireland - McWatt
Suffolk-Fox,Sage,Scarfe,Palmer
Berks - Kimber,Dorman

Offline Orpheus

• RootsChat Senior
  • Quartermain arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 28 December 09 22:46 GMT (UK) »
The will of Henry BELL, Notary Publick of Aylesbury, dated 22 Jan 1702 (Ref: Wills Pec. 3A/38) names his wife as Anstace.  He also has a daughter named Anstace, a son named Joseph, a daughter Dorothy wife of Thomas PRICE, and a daughter Mary wife of John BURNHAM.  You should also look at Aylesbury burials because some of the children listed probably died young and were 'replaced' by another of the same christian name.

Orpheus
Quartermain and variants - Oxfordshire
Wiggins - Oxfordshire
Lowe - Charney Bassett, Berkshire
Bettle - Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire
Marshall - Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire
Goodman - Buckinghamshire

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 28 December 09 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi thanks to all for their help thus far. My ancestor was Joseph Bell with father named Henry. I assume he is the Henry Bell who married Anstis Haywod. I assume Anstis to be Austace and Haywod to be Heywood?? We therefor after reviewing all replies to my posts now have Henry Bell married 28 May 1665 to Anstis [Austace] Haywood with the following children:

DOROTHY BELL Christening: 22 NOV 1668 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham

ANSTIS BELL Christening: 17 JUL 1670 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham

MARY BELL Christening: 12 AUG 1672 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham

ELIZABETH BELL Christening: 28 JUN 1674 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham

ANSTIS BELL Christening: 14 JUN 1678 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham

JOSEPH BELL Christening: 12 MAR 1679 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham

# RICHARD BELL Christening: 17 FEB 1680 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham

# MARTHA BELL Christening: 22 FEB 1682 Saint Mary, Aylesbury, Buckingham

Some of them would have died young. I have found burials for Joseph & Celia Bell but not for Henry Bell's children, any ideas where to look for Henry's family graves?

I found the following document supporting Joseph's father would be the one died 1703.

Result number 3276 - Please quote Reference: DRc_Dean_and_Chapter_of_Rochester_Cathedral_1541_1994/DRc_Ele_235_08 on request slip.
Path: Ecclesiastical_Regular_and_Capitular_Foundations/ DRc_Dean_and_Chapter_of_Rochester_Cathedral_1541_1994/ BB02_Estate_Records_1346_1963/ 05_DRc_Ele_Leases_1346_to_1896/ DRc_Ele_235_08.html
Dean and Chapter of Rochester Leases ESTATE Out-County Estate Leases and Related Documents BUCKINGHAMSHIRE: CUDDINGTON Messuage called Hilles house in Cuddington; 5 acres inclosed land, once part of Slowe furlong and Bellam Bults; 6 acres inclosed land, once part of Mill furlong lying west of Bridgway; and 6 acres inclosed land, once part of Peas furlong lying west of Bridgeway there. Assignment of mortgage John Heywood of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, woolen draper, Joseph Heywood, citizen and goldsmith of London and Henry Bell of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, gentleman and Austace, his wife, executors of Richard Heywood, late of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, gentleman, deceased, William Vere of Cuddington, gentleman; to Joseph Bell of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, gentleman
Date: 2 September 1701

Result number 3277 - Please quote Reference: DRc_Dean_and_Chapter_of_Rochester_Cathedral_1541_1994/DRc_Ele_235_09 on request slip.
Path: Ecclesiastical_Regular_and_Capitular_Foundations/ DRc_Dean_and_Chapter_of_Rochester_Cathedral_1541_1994/ BB02_Estate_Records_1346_1963/ 05_DRc_Ele_Leases_1346_to_1896/ DRc_Ele_235_09.html
Dean and Chapter of Rochester Leases ESTATE Out-County Estate Leases and Related Documents BUCKINGHAMSHIRE: CUDDINGTON Messuage called Hilles house in Cuddington; 5 acres inclosed land, once part of Slowe furlong and Bellam Bults; 6 acres inclosed land, once part of Mill furlong lying west of Bridgway; and 6 acres inclosed land, once part of Peas furlong lying west of Bridgeway there. Assignment of mortgage to secure £300 Joseph Bell of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, gentleman; and William Vere [cf. Very, Vearie] of Cuddington, gentleman to Edward Bate of Maids Morton, Buckinghamshire, esq. Date: 4 May 1707
http://cityark.medway.gov.uk

I ordered the will of Henry Bell 1704 and the Joseph Bell 1740 who I believed lived at Ceely House? I also ordered an earlier will of a Henry Bell in 1640. Now I assume by the above documents with the death of Richard Heywood abt 1700 he is going to be the father of Austace Haywod? Can anyone look at the details of Richard Heywood's will and confirm if he is the father in law of Henry Bell? And if anyone can locate grave inscriptions for Henry Bell's family that would be a big help.

Thanks again for the great help

Offline belltech

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 18 January 11 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Please does anyone in this chain know if the Bells of Aylesbury are in any way related to BELL's fo the same names who were Watermen in Richmand.  There is a William Bell b.1669 for instance.

Thanks
Malcolm

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 January 11 19:08 GMT (UK) »
That William Bell is not a descendant of Henry Bell 1642 - 1703 of Aylesbury. There are on earlier Bell generations  several males whose descent I don't know.

Offline belltech

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 January 11 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks - please keep us in mind.

Malcolm

Offline janice friel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 27 January 20 18:52 GMT (UK) »
I have a Henry Bell born 16 Feb 1589 St. Mary's Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. His siblings are Thomas, John, Phillip, Roger and Anthony. Parents were Roger Bell & Winifride Kitchin.

I'm trying to find son Roger Bell's family and who he married. He was born 7 May 1593 St Mary's.