Author Topic: HALLWORTH family Hazel Grove  (Read 4458 times)

Offline julieann1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
HALLWORTH family Hazel Grove
« on: Wednesday 30 December 09 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Anyone going to the Cheshire Record Office?

I am researching the Hallworth family of Hazel Grove, Norbury. 

They appeared to have worshipped at the Hazel Grove United Reformed Church (Ebenezer Congregational and the the Bullock Smithy Methodist Chapel.

Can anyone help me by looking up the following:

Marriage of Samuel Hallworth and Hannah.  They both died before 1841, and had children that I know of in 1814, 1829 and 1831.

Baptism of Joseph Hallworth, son of Samuel and Hannah, about 1814.

Baptisms of any other children of Samuel and Hannah.

Marriage of Joseph Hallworth to Sarah.  Possibly about 1834 or a little earlier.

Baptism of Olive Hallworth, daughter of Joseph and Sarah, about 1846. 

Thanks in advance.

BELL;TWEEDIE;PITTILLO/PATTILLO;WATSON;JOHNSTONE;PALMER;MOFFAT:DOBIE;BEATTIE:-Dumfrieshire<br />HYSLOP;MANSON;CURRIE;JAMIESON;BEATTIE:-Ayr<br />HOOKER;DYSON;SEABROOKE;DYER;DREWELL;STOCKWELL;CRIPPS;-London<br />DEVOS:London, Belguim
BENDALL-Bristol<br />WOODEN/WOODIN;JARRETT-Surrey<br />MURCH;HARRIS;POPE:-Devon QUARM-Devon,London,Anywhere<br />RUMBLE;HIBBERD;-Wilts
MARTIN - Dorset,Somerset;
PITTUCK/PITTOCK:-Suffolk.
WILSON;BARNEY;WINDES/WINDERS;ELLIS - Yorkshire;MARSTON;HALLAM - Notts;

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HALLWORTH family Hazel Grove
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 December 09 10:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Julieann1,

I posted on your other thread - found at this link:
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#start

1.  Baptism of Joseph HALLWORTH, 19 Jan 1813 at Hazel Grove, parents Samuel & Hannah
2.  Baptism of Mary HALLWORTH, 16 Feb 1817 at Hazel Grove, parents Samuel & Hannah

I can't see any sign of the marriages which would probably have taken place at the local CoE church (Norbury?) as other marriages (except Quakers I think) were not recognised at this time.

Hope this helps,

Jean

PS. there seem to be a number of HALLWORTH baptisms at Hazel Grove.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
HRT: Gurney
HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
YKS: Scott(Clapham)

Offline julieann1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 December 09 13:55 GMT (UK) »
 :) Thanks again
BELL;TWEEDIE;PITTILLO/PATTILLO;WATSON;JOHNSTONE;PALMER;MOFFAT:DOBIE;BEATTIE:-Dumfrieshire<br />HYSLOP;MANSON;CURRIE;JAMIESON;BEATTIE:-Ayr<br />HOOKER;DYSON;SEABROOKE;DYER;DREWELL;STOCKWELL;CRIPPS;-London<br />DEVOS:London, Belguim
BENDALL-Bristol<br />WOODEN/WOODIN;JARRETT-Surrey<br />MURCH;HARRIS;POPE:-Devon QUARM-Devon,London,Anywhere<br />RUMBLE;HIBBERD;-Wilts

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 January 10 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Norbury parish church was consecrated in 1834 - until then, Norbury formed part of the parish of St Mary Stockport, while Bosden and Handforth were covered by St Mary Cheadle.

I have a connection to Hallworths in Bosden/Norbury, but can't see a link to yours at the moment...  :(   

Joseph and Sarah are buried together in Norbury churchyard: http://www.norburypc.org/

(Sarah died in 1876, and Joseph in 1884.)

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline julieann1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 14:29 GMT (UK) »
 ;D Thanks Rambler, what a brill website

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 02 December 19 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello There,

Related to Hallworth's of Hazel Grove/ around that area:

I have been trying to find the baptism of my 8x great grandma Elizabeth Hallworth.
She married George Clark at Stockport on the 25th of December 1710.

At the time of marriage George Clark was "of Poynton."
He first appears to have married Elizabeth Jepson at Stockport on the 13th of August 1700.
They had Anne in 1703, born at Adlington, baptised at Pott Shrigley and buried there in 1713.
This couple also had Sarah, born at Adlington and baptised at Pott Shrigley in 1705.
George's first wife, Elizabeth (nee Jepson), was buried at Adlington on the 13th of June 1706 (as recorded in the Prestbury parish register).

George then married Elizabeth Hallworth at Stockport in 1710.
They were the parents of these children all baptised at Pott Shrigley, and born in Adlington:

James Clark in 1712.
George Clark in 1713.
Anne in 1717.

And then there was Thomas. He was born at Poynton in 1719 and baptised at Pott Shrigley.
There was a "George Clark, Labourer of Poynton" who was buried on the 2nd of July 1724. This could possibly be mine, but I'm not sure.

Now back to my Elizabeth Hallworth and the Hallworth's:

The only one I can find which appears close to a baptism for my Elizabeth, is Elizabeth "Holliworth" baptised 1685 in Cheadle, the daughter of a Thomas.

But looking at the Stockport register for around the time before and after 1710, there were Hallworth's who married, and at the time they were married, the residence was put down as "Northbury". I am presuming this was Norbury?  :)
The two that spring to mind straight away off the top of my head as being "of Northbury" are the marriages of John Hallworth, and Hugh Hallworth around this time. There were probably some more.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions for baptisms of my Elizabeth Hallworth, it would be much appreciated.  :) ;)

Thank you very much.

Offline Redroselady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 15 June 20 08:36 BST (UK) »
I am a distant relative of the Hallworth's My Great, Great, Great Grandma was Lucy Ann Hallwoth married to William Hallworth  born 1838 in Hazel Grove.  There are, as Im sure you know an awful lot of them. :)  Hannah Mirriam Hallworth became Howard, and my Grandma was her daughter, Hilda Hannah Howard.  I hope this helps :)  I'm Lorriane Jordan born Johnson.

William Hallworth 1716 - 1795

Another William Hallworth  born 1747 - 1827
his Wife Mary Leah

William Hallworth (Son) of above along with Samuel, Elizabeth, Ann and Felix.

James Hallworth son of Felix married Betty Wood

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 15 June 20 10:52 BST (UK) »
I am a distant relative of the Hallworth's My Great, Great, Great Grandma was Lucy Ann Hallwoth married to William Hallworth  born 1838 in Hazel Grove.  There are, as Im sure you know an awful lot of them. :)  Hannah Mirriam Hallworth became Howard, and my Grandma was her daughter, Hilda Hannah Howard.  I hope this helps :)  I'm Lorriane Jordan born Johnson.

William Hallworth 1716 - 1795

Another William Hallworth  born 1747 - 1827
his Wife Mary Leah

William Hallworth (Son) of above along with Samuel, Elizabeth, Ann and Felix.

James Hallworth son of Felix married Betty Wood

Thank you.  :)