Author Topic: Draper family  (Read 16865 times)

Offline Draper7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Draper family
« Reply #18 on: Monday 23 January 17 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Would it be the same Sidney Draper that went to prison and escaped a few times with one incident involving a helicopter?? Xx

Offline draper1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 23 January 17 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Would it be the same Sidney Draper that went to prison and escaped a few times with one incident involving a helicopter?? Xx

Offline Draper7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 23 January 17 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Do you know if Sidney Draper is still alive or has he passed? My mother Hilda Mockridge got pregnant by Sidney Draper and I was born in Brixton Hospital 1966 20th August but my mother put me up for adoption straight away and i have been looking for my Dad since I was told I was adopted. X

Offline draper1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 23 January 17 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Do you know if Sidney Draper is still alive or has he passed? My mother Hilda Mockridge got pregnant by Sidney Draper and I was born in Brixton Hospital 1966 20th August but my mother put me up for adoption straight away and i have been looking for my Dad since I was told I was adopted. X

I Dont know, there's lots of Sydney drapers there a large family.

Offline Draper7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 23 January 17 22:03 GMT (UK) »
Did your Grandad Percy have a brother called Robert? X

Offline draper1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 23 January 17 22:20 GMT (UK) »
No grandad didn't have brother called Robert, his brothers were Stanley, edmound, Spencer and I think there were more brothers but. Not  a brother called Robert x.    Did you no some drapers had a name change many years ago to draper-smith ? X

Offline Draper7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Yes I did hear of it, I presume it's because a Draper married a Smith and a Smith is a Traveller. My Farher was denied to marry because he was in prison, he wanted to marry a Jacqueline Bowen in 1989 but the judge wouldn't let him marry her inside or outside of prison due to his conviction and sentence. I don't think he was a traveller because I was told he lived in a flat in Colwyn Ave London with his brother and his wife. How much do you know about your Draper family? Could you find out if Your grand fathers cousin could be my father? X

Offline draper1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Yes I did hear of it, I presume it's because a Draper married a Smith and a Smith is a Traveller. My Farher was denied to marry because he was in prison, he wanted to marry a Jacqueline Bowen in 1989 but the judge wouldn't let him marry her inside or outside of prison due to his conviction and sentence. I don't think he was a traveller because I was told he lived in a flat in Colwyn Ave London with his brother and his wife. How much do you know about your Draper family? Could you find out if Your grand fathers cousin could be my father? X
.       Sorry I can't help you with your question, , drapers are a large family, and  I can not help you . iv asked family and they Dont know the person your asking about, sorry no he's not related to me.

Offline Alison Chandler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 02 November 19 11:46 GMT (UK) »
I have met your dad Sidney Draper lots of times , he used to be in the same visiting room as my husband in Long Lartin , between the years 1994 to 2000 . Sidney was visited by his girlfriend Rose , a blond haired lady who owned horses and stables . Last time i heard about Sidney he had been moved to Wellingborough prison and was set for release . I think that was around 2014 . We don't know where he went from there . He was very popular with other inmates and was a very clever man . I hope he is doing well for himself and has not passed over , I did read that he has passed away over seas , but i am not sure if i believe this i would want solid evidence . Some people don't want to be contacted so remain in hiding . But i do hope and wish for the best for all ...