Author Topic: Protestant Cemetary Castlerea  (Read 14258 times)

Offline connboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Protestant Cemetary Castlerea
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 June 11 18:33 BST (UK) »
If you let me have your e-mail address I will scan that sketch map for you .  Unfortunately I can tell you that the Reynolds name is not on this sketch . However  Cornwall , Cotton &  Glover appears . The Cornwall family still live in this area and I believe they have a connection with the Killtullagh area near Ballinlough .

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline JimReynolds

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 22:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information and the offer. If anyone comes across this, the Cornwall family started in Kilkeevin. I understand that Mathias Cornwall (born around 1733) relocated from Lavally Galway. He is listed in the 1749 Elphin Census as a Weaver. His wife was Elinor and they had three children under 14.

In any case, this brings me to the minimum three posts to participate in PM. lol

Offline sihuss

• RootsChat Member
  • Dudley Thomas Hussey (1871-1944)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 December 11 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I don't suppose there are any Hussey burials on that sketch?  My 2nd great grand uncle Edward F Hussey was stationed there with the R.I.C. between 1845-1861 and there are a number children of his for whom there are baptismal entries in the Kilkeevan records but no further trace of.  Thought perhaps they may have died in infancy and been buried there?

Oh, I'm also interested in the name Hawthorn/e, although I know there are a number of families of that name in the area.

Thanks,

Simon

Offline peter hussey

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 17:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Simon, I'm a newby on this site but have read a number of your threads relating to the Hussey Clan and though from County Galway now live in Perth WA the same as Ted Hussey with whom your already in contact.
I'm interested in the Hussey Clan from around the Castlerea area, parish of Kiltullagh to be exact. Not sure if it's the same branch as yours but do you have much info on the RC's around there, where they might have originated (I suspect Fermanagh perhaps from the Ulster Plantation) and are there docs where I could check that out. I know my Grandfather was Peter born 1883 and his parents were Patrick Hussey or Hussy and Bridget Cottle but it's hard to nail any links prior to the 1860's. I also know a bunch of the clan went to South Manchester UK in probably the late 19th and early 20th century and I'm more than likely related to a couple of well known wrestlers "Jumping Jim Hussey" and Mark Hussey aka "Rollerball Rocco" but again cant quite nail the link even after going through Irish & UK Census for 1901 & 1911.
Can you help?

Peter Hussey